Thread: Sundance Festival Acclaimed Documentary Starring Al Gore?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    can you link me to those projections G? I haven't seen any such thing.
    The economic reports I get daily are not allowed to be disseminated to the public. You wouldn't imagine how heavily regulated we are when it comes to non-NASD approved materials. You might want to see if googling brings up something on Future budget deficit projections".

If I get time this weekend, which is doubtful since me and the fam are headed to out place up north, I might be willing to paraphrase the article I referenced.

A quick google brought this up. (notice how deficits and surpluses graph mimics the stock market performance. Funny how you never hear about something that appears so positive. I guess it's better to just discuss the negative.

The Congressional Budget Office's (CBO's) new baseline projections indicate that if current laws and policies did not change, the federal budget would run a deficit of $368 billion in 2005 and a smaller deficit, $295 billion, next year. After that, annual deficits would gradually decline, turning into a small surplus by 2012, assuming that various tax increases occurred as scheduled. Relative to the size of the economy, the deficit would equal 3.0 percent of the nation's gross domestic product (GDP) this year and 2.3 percent of GDP in 2006. By 2015, the end of CBO's 10-year projection period, the baseline surplus would equal 0.7 percent of GDP (see Figure 1-1).

Figure 1-1. The Total Deficit or Surplus as a Percentage of GDP, 1967 to 2015
    (Percent)

Last edited by Gecko; 05-25-2006 at 04:30 PM.