Quote Originally Posted by -NoQuarter-
Quote Originally Posted by Comrade

This was coaches, not journalists so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. Also, while they may not be in the same league as Ben and Bowen(and no guard is), neither are sieves on the defensive end. I remember when Kidd held Chauncey to 9 points and Steve Nash to a goose egg. I'm not saying he was completely responsible for it, but not many other guards can say they held the best shooters in the league to 20% and 0% shooting respectively.
My problem is more with Kobe being on the list than Kidd. With Kidd I just think that's it's still part of his rep from when he was an MVP calibre player trickling down into how people think of him today. He got more all-star votes than Chauncey THIS year, when Chauncey was killing shit and Kidd was completely struggling before the all-star break. Kidd is still a very good defender, but I think it's his rep that gets him 1st team this year.
For me, Kobe is definitely up for debate. Personally, I think Billups, Quinton Ross, Wade, and even Andre Iguodala(even if he plays SF a bit more than SG) are all better defenders than him. That's just to name a few.