Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
"Here's the deal...Arizona's Denny Green said that he planned on taking Sims and the only reason they wouldn't was because Leinart fell to them."

That's exactly the thinking we should have went with. We would have taken Sims, but Leinart fell to us.

Did someone really compare Matt Leinart to Joey Harrington above? Okay, so Joey didn't work out. I guess we shouldn't ever draft a highly touted quarterback coming out of college ever again since Joey didn't work out. Good logic!

Leinart won 2 National Championships, won the Heisman trophy, and lost only 2 games in his entire career. I don't think Joey has that resume. Give me a break. I guess we can't draft a highly touted WR again either considering our recent drafts. I guess we shouldn't draft a highly touted offensive lineman either considering our past. According to this brilliant logic, I don't know if there is a position we can draft. Some fans are ridiculous.
I didn't compare them on play but I compared them on personality. The last thing that locker room needed was another pretty boy. That locker room desperatley needs leadership and masculinity which I don't think Leniart is high on. The fans would turn on Leinart the instant he devotes one second to his hollywood career. That plays well in California or maybe New York but not here in Detroit. The fans and locker room will brand him a pussy in the next month.

Secondly, you want me to compare the two as far as QB ability? Here it is....Joey Harrington has a better arm than Leinart could ever dream. Joey Harrington would of put up similar numbers if he had the same OL and Offensive talent that Leinart had.

GO back and watch Joey at Oregon and you will see that ol noodle arm had a cannon compared to Leinart.

It's no secret that Leinart throws balls much like Chad Pennington and though he might be the most NFL ready of the 3 QB's in this draft he also has the least upside.

Don't get too caught up on the QB comparison, since it's just my opinion... the biggest knock on Leinart as a Detroit lion is the pretty boy hollywood angle I mentioned in the first paragraph.