+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Recon - Advanced Warfighter

Ghost Recon - Advanced Warfighter

Tom Clancy's - Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter is now out for PC.

I am a long time player of the original game that came out 4 years ago so I was anxious when I heard over a year ago that this new version (GRAW) would be out. I pre-ordered and got my copy the other day.

This is one unbelievable game. Quite different from the other previous versions so it's hard for me to adjust to it. The sound and graphics are first class. The developer's inspiration for a lot of the shootouts was the movie "Heat" (Pacino, DeNiro). Awesome stuff, I love the sound of an AK 47 .

I will make this short. If you enjoy multi-player gaming I am not sure there are any better military style games out there. I have played everything from Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, to Counter-Strike.

In short I highly recommend this game. I can't comment on the xbox or PSP versions only the PC version. Anyone planning on buying?

Here's a few demo movies: I'll attempt a posting from youtube. Maybe someone can fix if I don't get it right.

Last edited by MOLA1; 05-15-2006 at 10:36 PM.

I have it on both the 360 and PC. The PC version is definitely more tactical, and easily has a better single-player experience. The advantage of the XBox version is, well, it's on a HD big screen.

I rented this game on Saturday and my buddies and I played it for about 7 hours straight. We were playing online in team elimination battles, as well as the co-op mode (which was my favorite). I was playing with a few former WTF cats who have faded (NoFlyZone and PolishSausage). We were rolling through a town, taking down hostiles and blowing up tanks and Hummers. I started the single player mode last night and it is phenomenal.

Overall, it's an amazing game in all aspects (graphics, gameplay, fun factor, etc), but it really shines online. Needless to say, I'm taking back my rented copy tomorrow and this game is BOUGHT!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Thumbs up

I was in on the experience with Moodini and I absolutely fell in love with the game and the 360 online experience. I was planning on getting 1 game in two weeks when I pick up my 360, but now it has turned into two. I have to get this game and get online. I had so much fun and there are so many ways to play it.

4 Stars without hesitation! B O U G H T!

Anyone starts to play the online Multi-player PC version let me know. I love to join ya! We could get a clan going heh, though I know there is already a clan called WTF on their (no one from here I think)?

I'd like to do the same on XBox Live. I'm not getting mine for 2 weeks though when I get back from my honeymoon. Once I get back I'll start a little group here on the thread for anyone that wants to start a crew and take over the online scene. I'm sure Moodini will join me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I'd like to do the same on XBox Live. I'm not getting mine for 2 weeks though when I get back from my honeymoon. Once I get back I'll start a little group here on the thread for anyone that wants to start a crew and take over the online scene. I'm sure Moodini will join me.
    I'm WAAAAAY down. I just picked up my copy today. Frickin' amazing!

Super tight! Wedding is in 2 weeks, but I've got a Days Until 360 Countdown going on in my head haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Super tight! Wedding is in 2 weeks, but I've got a Days Until 360 Countdown going on in my head haha.
    Which are you more excited about? I know what my answer would be.

Once I get back I'll start a little group here on the thread for anyone that wants to start a crew and take over the online scene
    I know you aren't a longtime veteran of first person shooters, but there are some hardcore clowns that OWN these games, and we would have no chance in a frozen hell of owning this game online. And another thing, the single player mode is just too damn tough. I don't like dying 30 times to beat a level.

+ Reply to Thread