+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we draft at #60?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

Who do we draft at #60?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...606110652/1051

The Pistons hold only the final pick in the June 28 draft -- that would be No. 60 overall -- but don't think they aren't picking up frequent flier miles trying to find a gem.

Pistons vice president John Hammond and the entire scouting staff spent much of last week in Orlando, checking out the predraft camp at Disney's Wide World of Sports.

The camp was filled with plenty of second-rounders hoping to play their way into the first round -- or onto the draft board, period.

"Our pick," Hammond said, "was realistically playing right in front of us."

But having the 60th pick is in some ways more work than having, say, the fifth overall.

"If you have the fifth pick, you can narrow it down to one of three or four guys," Hammond said. "We have like 25 guys, maybe more, and plus what happens is guys slip, freefalls occur."

That's what happened last draft, when high school forward Amir Johnson was available at No. 56. The Pistons happily snatched him and predict he could be a steal of that draft down the road.

They also are keen on guard Alex Acker, taken 60th last year.

Late picks are more valuable than they used to be, because teams can assign them to the NBDL for further development, while holding onto their rights. A late pick also could be used for a foreign player, who could stay overseas to develop with a high-level league and with his national team.

"We took two players last year -- a 56 and a 60 -- that we think are both keepers," Hammond said. "But that doesn't always happen."

By Krista "I love WTFDetroit.com" Jahnke
    Any thoughts on actual players that'd be worth it that would very likely be undrafted otherwise?

James White?

Very atheltic and obviously can fly

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Daniel Horton

Blog Entries
    Mateen Cleaves
    Find a new slant.

i've been saying james white. but i might change my tune to 'who cares'.

if the draft is even in the top ten of joe's "to do list", i'd be pretty pissed.

Go the Glyniadakis/Spurs route. Draft a young international player and leave them overseas while holding their rights. If they become something within a few years, you sign them and play them when they're needed. If they don't, you don't waste a roster spot or their rookie contract watching them sit on the pine.

My suggestions: Ali Traore, Sidiki Sidebe, etc

Quote Originally Posted by FP22
    Go the Glyniadakis/Spurs route. Draft a young international player and leave them overseas while holding their rights. If they become something within a few years, you sign them and play them when they're needed. If they don't, you don't waste a roster spot or their rookie contract watching them sit on the pine.

My suggestions: Ali Traore, Sidiki Sidebe, etc

Sun Ming Ming = Shaq Stopper?

7'9" 350 with no game, but damn is that big. Leave him in some other league for or the NBDL for a few years to condition, learn basketball.

Don't think he'd actually be worth it, but damn is he huge.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

I bet you hed be the weakest fuck alive but hes 350 pounds...

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Sun Ming Ming was in last year's draft and no one took him so he can't be eligible for the draft again.

+ Reply to Thread