+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TALENT VS. NEED

TALENT VS. NEED

This is my thought alot on player movement and the draft. Why did we sign Mohammed when we have WAllace and DYCE that can switch to play the 4 and 5 spots ? Then we could of went and got a BONZI WELLS or a AL HARRIGTION instead we settle for HUNTER and Mohammed because were in panic mode because of BIG BEN leaving?

Seems to me that we would be a heck of a better team with more talent on the bench with BILLIUPS AND RIP IN FRONT COURT AND SHEED,TAY DYCE IN THE BACK COURT THEN HAVEING AL OR WELLS COME OFF the pine then run a more fast paced youthful bench giveing DELFINO AND MAXIEL more playing time and time to mature?

Im feeling we jumped the gun with MOHAMMED we really didn't need him with DAVIS,DYCE,SHEED all well able to play the 5 spot. Dumars was hooked on the CENTER FOR CENTER NEED THOUGHT when AL HARRIGTON who is 26 and a future STAR would look real nice off the bench for us as well as BONZI WELLS who is a slasher,scorer,combo gaurd that we could use, as well he plays flat out good D AND REBOUNDS LIKE A MAD MAN!

Because neither Sheed (too thin) and Dice (too short) are real NBA centers.

We need another scoerer yes, but we also needed a real center that wasn't 40 years old.

Ok, I'm fucking tired of this shit:

If Bonzi Wells and Al Harrington are so fucking great why would they come to Detroit for the MLE?

The great climate? The bench minutes? Why?

What possible reason does Bonzi have for coming here, especially when we "dissed" him back when we drafted him?

Both Wells and Harrington have more options than the MLE.

1 - re-sign with their current teams (probably not for Harrington) for good money

2 - take the MLE to start on a playoff team (neither would start here)

3 - force a sign and trade so they get paid and get to start.

I always thought this Bonzi or Harrington for the MLE was wishful thinking.

The minute Ben left the 1% chance of it happening died.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo
    Nazr Mohammed is probably the same size as McDyess. Supposedly he's really 6'8" and is notoriously "over measured"...
    Watching him play, I've always thought differently. He looks 7'0" to me.

And no way in hell is Dice as tall as Mohammed, nor does Dice have Mohammed's wingspan either.

Even if Nazr really is no taller than Dice (again, no way), the fact remains Nazr is by far a better man-to-man defender at the center position, and is the best offensive rebounder on this team right now.

%90 chance he starts the season.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-05-2006 at 11:20 PM.

Nazr Mohammed is probably the same size as McDyess. Supposedly he's really 6'8" and is notoriously "over measured"...

We're going to see a lot of Rasheed Wallace the center this year, we don't have a choice really. Hopefully we've told Sheed to bulk up this off-season, well at least the same day Ben informed us he was heading to Chicago.
    Mohammed is over 6'8". I remember him at Kentucky with Scott Pagett, who was 6'8", and Mohammed was more than an inch taller than him.
    Last edited by Comrade; 07-06-2006 at 02:03 AM.

In either case, Nazr plays like a 7-footer, which is what's important.

Blog Entries
    These are completely inconclusive, but they were the best I could find.

Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    hard to tell angle wise, but he looks about an inch to an inch and 1/2 taller i think. putting him at 6ft 9in-6ft 10in height.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

LMAO - GD, what do those pics prove?

You're just posting pics for the hell of it, aren't you?

BTW, that second pic is a worry. Nazr should cut off the baseline and force Dice back into the middle where help would be.

In the third pic he's out of position again!
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    I'm just giving the people what they want, P.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread