+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: is this the end?

is this the end?

anyone think this is the last year we're true contenders for a championship? i know i do.

and this isnt a reaction to the cavs series. i've thought all year that it was rediculous to think the pistons might win 1-4 more championships after this year.

i think dynasties are over before you know it. i've still got us winning it this year, but i cant see this group grinding another one out.

(all bets are off if we sign a top flight FA with the MLE this summer).

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    anyone think this is the last year we're true contenders for a championship? i know i do.

and this isnt a reaction to the cavs series. i've thought all year that it was rediculous to think the pistons might win 1-4 more championships after this year.

i think dynasties are over before you know it. i've still got us winning it this year, but i cant see this group grinding another one out.

(all bets are off if we sign a top flight FA with the MLE this summer).
    I think this is the end of this particular starting five, but I don't think this is the end of championship contention. Darko notwithstanding, Joe makes a lot of excellent decisions, and it's not like he's retiring. Plus, Chauncey's in his prime, Rip's in his prime, Tayshaun just keeps getting better and will carry a larger scoring load next season... Dumars will probably move Sheed or Benny for some combination of young, undervalued players--the same way we got Ben and Rip in the first place. It's what he does. Circle of life, etc.

There's no reason to think we cant contend again next year so long as we re-sign big ben.

Nobody on this team is really up there in age yet.

And if we win another championship, this starting 5 will not be broken up. Period.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-21-2006 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    There's no reason to think we cant contend again next year so long as we re-sign big ben.

Nobody on this team is really up there in age yet.
    I have a feeling we'll do a sign-and-trade with Ben. That way he gets his money and we get younger. But we've been through this before

We'll find out this Summer who was right.

WTFD.com's Official
    Village Idiot

The bald head of Carl from Family Matters
    Yes

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin the lad
    Yes
    we werent talking about boguts career. how embarrassing!
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

WTFD.com's Official
    Village Idiot

The bald head of Carl from Family Matters
    When?

We have about another year or two of contending. I do think that if we win the title this year, it'll most likely be our last.

thats what im saying. no doubt, we'll be very good for a while. its just, i dont see this crew ever winning it again after this year. theres generally a large difference between a title team and everyone else, which doesnt become apparant until the finals (last year not withstanding).

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    thats what im saying. no doubt, we'll be very good for a while. its just, i dont see this crew ever winning it again after this year. theres generally a large difference between a title team and everyone else, which doesnt become apparant until the finals (last year not withstanding).
    tayshaun is getting better, Rip and billups are still at their peak. Ben isnt seeing any significant decline. Rasheed has atleast 3-4 good years left in him. next year will be decided by our youth on the bench. Acker(if he survives the roster updates for next year),Amir, maxiell, delfino, and even mo shithead evans will all have to step up. but the responsibilities will change over the next 3 years. Tayshauns role will increase every year. his response to that will be key.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread