View Poll Results: Do you still steal music?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 77.78%
  • No

4 22.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we still stealing music?

Are we still stealing music?

Well, do you? It seems the illegal downloading of music has started to shift from socially acceptable plunder to social more. Where do you stand on the matter?

You're a damned fool if you pay for music. Most of the Artists make money from tours and shit. Not from album sales. Fuck buying music. Ever see how these pigs live? I dont think they're hurting

Yeah, my conscience is pretty low maintenance, and self-righteousness can get expensive.

Blog Entries
    I use torrent sites to download stuff once in a while, now that I've got all that kazaa bullshit off my cpu.

I often find that it either takes too long to find what I am looking for (it's not Top 40 type stuff, so options are fewer) or I'd rather own the original disc so I can have the artwork, sleeve, etc.

I don't mind spending $12.99 on a disc from my favorite artists, but there really isn't a whole lot of music worth spending money on these days anyways, IMO, so this is less than a problem than it used to be like when I was in college 10 years ago.
    Find a new slant.

What's a torrent site? Dead serious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realistic
    What's a torrent site? Dead serious.
    http://dessent.net/btfaq/
    Find a new slant.

Is the record industry still stealing our money?

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    For great not-so-popular and underground music, I have bought their CDs and albums to support them.

If I've seen them on TV/heard them on the radio, I don't owe them jack shit cause they probably have enough to live comfortably on top of making music.

That said, I owe the RIAA about $2 million with my ~35 GB of music :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I use torrent sites to download stuff once in a while, now that I've got all that kazaa bullshit off my cpu.

I often find that it either takes too long to find what I am looking for (it's not Top 40 type stuff, so options are fewer) or I'd rather own the original disc so I can have the artwork, sleeve, etc.

I don't mind spending $12.99 on a disc from my favorite artists, but there really isn't a whole lot of music worth spending money on these days anyways, IMO, so this is less than a problem than it used to be like when I was in college 10 years ago.
    Try SoulSeek and MP2P is you are looking music that's hard to find. Ares is not too bad either.

Yes and no. I'm not sure of the legitimacy, but (cough) I know people (cough) that are on servers where you pay a one time fee and then get unlimited downloads after that. Not sure if it gives any money to the artists, but the fact that there was payment at one time and somewhere in the beginning the words COMPLETELY LEGAL were there as a token, seem to suit the conscience quite well.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread