+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Ribs Appreciation Thread

Official Ribs Appreciation Thread

Ever try...

Eating a slab of saucy ribs in one hand while rocking a crying baby to sleep with the other and at the same time trying to read this forum?

Fellas, I am looking for help here this isn't working.

P.S. the wife's gonna be a little pissed when she sees her mouse all sauced up.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Re: Ever try

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Eating a slab of saucy ribs in one hand while rocking a crying baby to sleep with the other and at the same time trying to read this forum?

Fellas, I am looking for help here this isn't working.

P.S. the wife's gonna be a little pissed when she sees her mouse all sauced up.
    buy a robot

i recommend the Yul Brynner 3000. not the 2000 though because its a lil glitchy and may turn on you.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

feed baby ribs to stop crying.

problem solved

btw, where'd you get the ribs from? i recently discovered Kenny's Chicken and Ribs on Telegraph, in Southfield.....and damn, those are good

I was all set tonight to try Famous Daves out on Rochester rd but found out they are not open for biz yet. Ended up doing curb side pick up at Pizzeria Uno's. I eat ribs maybe 3 times per year and have not had good success in a while. The flavor was good but a little too chewy.

i just started making ribs in the oven recently, after hoping to get a smoker to make some slow-cooked, smoked ribs.

i put some spices on them, wrapped them tightly in aluminum foil, used super low heat for 5 hours minimum and the last 10 minutes with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. unbelieveably tender and the sweet sauce is goooooood.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamme
    i just started making ribs in the oven recently, after hoping to get a smoker to make some slow-cooked, smoked ribs.

i put some spices on them, wrapped them tightly in aluminum foil, used super low heat for 5 hours minimum and the last 10 minutes with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. unbelieveably tender and the sweet sauce is goooooood.
    actually oven broiled ribs are better than the grille. but doesnt have as much american symbolism. :?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by iamme

You do curbside pick up?

eat polish sausage instead.

Blog Entries
    nice call on the SBR's, iamme
    Find a new slant.

SBR is a good base. I always add something to it (apple cider vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, other junk).

As far as chain rib joints go, Famous Dave's is the shit. Very tender ribs, outstanding sauce. Damons is about 127 steps below, by way of comparison.

I always slow cook my baby backs on a smoker for about 6-7 hours and add sauce in the last half hour or so. If I'm pressed for time, I'll pull them off, add some sauce to them, and loosely wrap them in foil (make sure no juices or vapor can escape, but make a "tent" so the sauce can steam off and go right back into the meat).

Once in a great while I'll pull them off the smoker and throw them, along with a bottle of sauce, into a dutch oven:

This pretty much has the same effect of the foil, but you can still cook it outdoors. I won't pull them out of the dutch oven until I can pull a bone out of the meat with one hand. Anything longer, though, will result in mushy meat, which is NFG.

+ Reply to Thread