+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Larry Hughes out 6-8 weeks

Larry Hughes out 6-8 weeks

Cavs' Hughes to miss next 6-8 weeks

Cleveland guard Larry Hughes will miss the next six to eight weeks with a broken finger.

Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry said that one or two screws would be inserted in the joint area of Hughes' right long finger to close the fracture. The surgery will be done in Cleveland later this week.

"We've done tests on the injury all year," Ferry said. "It just started to flare up. We're anxious to get him back at 100 percent."

The 26-year-old guard, who signed with Cleveland before the start of the season, is the team's second-leading scorer, averaging 16.2 points and 3.9 assists.

He started the first 28 games for the Cavaliers before missing Wednesday night's game at Milwaukee. Damon Jones started in Hughes' spot.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5221878

That's a big blow to the Cavs.

Haha. Fuck that's gotta suck ass. I guess LeBron will have to put up 30 a night on his own.

That's a tough break for the Cav's. Even if Hughes misses the low estimate, that is still 22 games, including a west coast roadie. Lets hope it is enough games to drop them out of the 4-5 slot, but not enough to drop them all the way to the eighth spot. Having them healthy as the 8th seed would be a bitch come play-off time.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kilo
    That's a tough break for the Cav's. Even if Hughes misses the low estimate, that is still 22 games, including a west coast roadie. Lets hope it is enough games to drop them out of the 4-5 slot, but not enough to drop them all the way to the eighth spot. Having them healthy as the 8th seed would be a bitch come play-off time.
    Good point Kilo. I was pumped until you pointed that out. Hughes has taken a lot of pressure off 'Bron on the offensive and defensive end and is a huge loss. They are a far worse team without Hughes. I really hope we don't see them in the first round.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

6 to 8 weeks for a broken finger?

Ouch, big blow to the Cavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

Maybe Cleveland is just cursed, things went downhill for them in january of last year too.

Come to think of it, notice how every team in the east that starts to get pretty good--other than detroit--has something awful happen to them?

Ya know, Joe D is from louisiana, I wouldn't rule out a hex

+ Reply to Thread