+ Reply to Thread

Thread: University of Michigan planning new 2,200-seat, $6M soccer stadium

Blog Entries

University of Michigan planning new 2,200-seat, $6M soccer stadium

University of Michigan planning new 2,200-seat, $6M soccer stadium

I don't really care, but someone here might.
    Find a new slant.

not me
    Players meeting my ASS!

I don't
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

WHY NOT? SOCCER IS THE NEXT BIG THING! ALL THE KIDDIES WILL BE PLAYING IT AND IT WILL BE BIGGER THAN ALL OTHER SPORTS!
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

As long as Crisler is officially taken care of and there are no snags I have absolutely no problem with this. Softball and Baseball got new venues last year and they are incredible looking. I wish more old people would die and leave money to worthy causes.

Yeah, don't really care much. UM will never be a soccer school, so I would likely prefer the money be spent elsewhere, but $6 mill isn't much compared to the money for other projects.
    If it further adds to the campus and the reputation of the athletic program then that's good.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I've always wished we could be a better baseball school. Then again, maybe we are and I haven't noticed.

It always seems like the sunbelt universities are good in baseball. AZ, Fl, Tx, etc.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I don't know why Jethro says we can't be a "soccer school." Is that what the Pioneers said when they came over from Iceland? That the New Land can't be a place where people of different races get along, where harmony exists, where the common man can succeed, where there will be no religous dischord because there is only one god, and what he says really can't be fucked around with??

Oh wait, nevermind. UM will always suck at soccer.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I've always wished we could be a better baseball school. Then again, maybe we are and I haven't noticed.

It always seems like the sunbelt universities are good in baseball. AZ, Fl, Tx, etc.
    Teams like Miami, LSU, Texas, Arizona State, etc. will always have a huge advantage because of weather, but UM holds their own among northern schools. They draw the best local talent and have great facilities to host post-season qualifiers that should continue to attract regional recruits. The chances of pulling off a RichRod and getting hoards of talent to come from Florida are not good.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread