+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AFFL - Michigan team

AFFL - Michigan team

I don't know why, but I can't find any mascots. It's just "Michigan team" etc.

Here is the roster in case you are interested:
    http://www.allamericanfootballleague...hesplayers.php

These are the names I recognized off the list:

Willis Barringer - S, Michigan
    James King - S, CMU
    Kyle Rasmussen - G, MSU
    Garret Rivas - K, Michigan
    Adam Stenavich - T, Michigan
    James Whitley - CB, Michigan

BTW, they are coached by Wayne Fontes' brother.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 03-06-2008 at 04:58 PM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Apparently our #1 pick was spent on QB David Koral from UCLA. Eric Crouch went #3 overall.

Full Draft Results

Darnell Hood went to Tennesee as well.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I heard the league will be postponed to 2009...

That's not looking like a very good team. I haven't looked at the rosters for the other states, but I don't expect that team to be terribly competitive. I could have sworn I heard some other prominent names being mentioned on the team - though none immediately come to mind. Surely there are plenty of other players with Michigan ties that just missed the NFL and would be more competitive than this bunch.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

And apparently Braylan Edwards father, Stan, is the team president.

Yippee, lets all get excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    That's not looking like a very good team. I haven't looked at the rosters for the other states, but I don't expect that team to be terribly competitive. I could have sworn I heard some other prominent names being mentioned on the team - though none immediately come to mind. Surely there are plenty of other players with Michigan ties that just missed the NFL and would be more competitive than this bunch.
    Actually, if you scroll through the draft you won't recognize many names (at least I didn't). I saw Chris Leak go in the 6th round (wonder why he wouldn't be a better QB than Koral, who was simply Olson's backup at UCLA). It seems like that OL might be solid and possibly the secondary, those players were decent at Michigan/MSU/etc. I don't recognize any of the skill position players though.

Blog Entries
    dude guys, theres no more AAFL, they couldn't get a TV deal, so the leagues been suspended...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...gue.crisis.ap/

Also keep in mind that many of those players may be playing in the CFL Jethro. Many of these guys came from the no longer existing NFL Europe.

+ Reply to Thread