+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pats running up the score???

Pats running up the score???

Are the Pats running up the score? Do you have any problems with it?

I don't know if its running up the score but they are NOT sluffing off on ANY possession the offense gets. At first I was like, thats kind of shitty, but listening to a couple of comments from Brady or Belichick, they kind of swayed me to think what they're doing is fine. I mean if the offense gets the ball, they should try to score.

Thoughts? Comments?
    Players meeting my ASS!

I watched much of that game and listened to part on the radio. The radio guys talked about it and noted they were feeding their FB carries at one point, which is clearly not running up the score. What are you supposed to do, play bad on purpose? I think you just run your offense, don't get crazy, don't go for it on 4th downs and don't throw bombs and that's about all you can do. Get your backups some reps too, but you can't just hand it off for a full half.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

If you get paid to play, you shouldn't complain if you suck.
    STEW BEEF!

They did go for it twice on 4th down with a big lead, iirc ???
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I watched much of that game and listened to part on the radio. The radio guys talked about it and noted they were feeding their FB carries at one point, which is clearly not running up the score. What are you supposed to do, play bad on purpose? I think you just run your offense, don't get crazy, don't go for it on 4th downs and don't throw bombs and that's about all you can do. Get your backups some reps too, but you can't just hand it off for a full half.
    The thing is, they HAVE been going for it on 4th down.

But it's a no-win, really.

Kick a FG? "Hey asshole, do you really need 3 more points?"

Go for it on 4th? "Hey asshole, you should be kicking a field goal"

Take a knee? "Hey asshole, that's a dick move, right there"

About the only thing you can do is put in the backups.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Tom Brady. Michigan. Acceptable.

In all seriousness I'm not for running up the score, but I can't deny I would pay money to watch the Pats practice, let alone play.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mailman
    Tom Brady. Michigan. Acceptable.

That's exactly what I say to all my friends that bitch about the Pats. The best part is, most of them are OSU fans since I live in Toledo.

This guy could stop the Pats O

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    They did go for it twice on 4th down with a big lead, iirc ???
    They did? I wouldn't, unless you had backups in there. Then I can understand going for it, still being fancy, etc because the backups can get experience in it. I say you can't be blamed for kicking FG's even if it adds points. It's not your fault if you are conservative and still score.

I think going for it is shady, unless you have backups like I said OR you've been really bad at them and need game practice, which clearly the Pats have not been bad.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl

That's exactly what I say to all my friends that bitch about the Pats. The best part is, most of them are OSU fans since I live in Toledo.

Be careful when arguing with OSU fans about quarterbacks. You throw them Tom Brady, they'll throw you...um...uh...

Yeah, they've always got.........ummm.................that one guy.............you know..........who had the.................i mean..............wait...............i'll think of something.............just give me a minute.........

+ Reply to Thread