Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vecsey: Wizards to hire Flip Saunders

Blog Entries

Vecsey: Wizards to hire Flip Saunders

SAUNDERS NOT COACHING MAGICIAN WIZARDS NEED
    By PETER VECSEY
    April 12, 2009

The Wizards have committed to Flip Saunders as their next head coach, and officially will announce as much sometime this week. This contradicts a pretty reliable source who claims Avery Johnson is first in line.

That actually makes infinitely more sense. You have got to be off the reservation to have a pot shot of getting through on Gilbert Arenas' wavelength on any kind of a regular frequency, and the Little General is out there.

Saunders is far too normal. He had trouble gaining the respect and keeping the attention of a reasonably stable core (overlooking Rasheed Wallace, otherwise it ruins my argument) of polished Pistons. Imagine trying to accomplish something constructive while suffering Agent Zero's histrionics.

May as well team up Arenas with Nate Robinson, put a tent over the Verizon Center, and call it a circus. Their new act could be passing the ball around their backs to each other on the free throw line.
    Find a new slant.

Saunders is far too normal.
    I've heard a lot of criticisms about coaches, but this is a first.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Dealing with certain players brings certain problems.

I think Arenas' problem is that he doesn't actually have the confidence inside himself and creates all these distractions to conjure up an excuse if/when he falls short.

The problem then is that his created distractions are partially to blame for him falling short.

Dude is trapped inside his own Matrix of fear.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I don't think that's true. I think the guy is just an ego maniac and not devoted to basketball. He loves himself much more than the game.

He and Jamison will love Flip's jumpshot offense though and slacking off in zones defense all the time.
    STEW BEEF!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    nonetheless, they could flourish in Flip's setup as a team more built for his pussy ball.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Fuck. I thought the Wiz hired Flip MURRAY! The main forum page cuts off at "Flip.."

Swat this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I don't think that's true. I think the guy is just an ego maniac and not devoted to basketball. He loves himself much more than the game.

He and Jamison will love Flip's jumpshot offense though and slacking off in zones defense all the time.
    I disagree Fool

I think that he acts like he loves himself so much but deep down inside at places you don't talk about at parties he's a scared little boy that doesn't believe that he's good enough to hang with the big boys.

He was told in high school he wouldn't get to a decent college. He was told in college he wasn't good enough for the NBA. NBA teams didn't think enough of him to draft him in the top 30. Golden State thought so much of him they didn't even give him a 3 year contract.

Dude has been doubted all his life and while that makes some people bitter and twisted (and pissed off so they fucking go balls to the wall and make it personal to prove everyone wrong) I think he actually has believed all those people and relies on humour and bullshit to deflect attention from his great basketball skills.

His humour is his self defence mechanism kicking in, giving everyone shit to focus on so they don't talk about his basketball talent.

Then again everything I'm typing could be complete bullshit - I have no background in this area. Just calling it how I see it.

Blog Entries
    I just read a report that Flip has selected Sam Cassell to be one of his assistants.
    Find a new slant.

Well, the Alien might be able to speak Gil's language:

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Arenas is fluent in Sam-I-Am?
    Will wonders never cease?!

+ Reply to Thread