+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zumaya hurt

Zumaya hurt

Uh oh, Leyland says it looks pretty bad. What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    Uh oh, Leyland says it looks pretty bad. What to do?
    Mesa will help I believe... Rodney has been far better as of late.. Ledezma and Seay have been good as well

We'll be fine for a while..

Of course, scoring 13 runs helps : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

Blog Entries
    I wonder how much it would cost to try and get Brad Lidge from the Astros.

Give him a fresh start and see what Jeff Jones can do with that 100+ MPH heater and that (formerly) unhittable slide piece.
    Find a new slant.

Oh boy, it's Mesa time. Nothing worse than counting on Mesa, Rodney and Jones full time. Jones is the most reliable of them and you never know when his "stuff" will be totally obsolete.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I wonder how much it would cost to try and get Brad Lidge from the Astros.
    A shitload is the word on the street, and I'm not sure the astros would even do it unless we blew their socks off before the deadline (about the time Zoom would be back in a worst case scenerio).

If he was on the market, he would already be wearing pinstripes. It's ok, we got AquaFina Lopez.
    Destiny

As long as Zumaya is back by August we should be ok. The Tigers could call up guys like Tata, Miller, Miner, etc if necessary. It's a risk with some because they're out of options, but with a few of the guys it's a risk worth taking to keep us in the top of the American League. August gives Zoom time to get plenty of outings in order to settle in for the playoffs. Who knows, at a young age maybe a few fluke injuries like this will end up being critical in keeping him from going the way of Kerry Wood and Mark Prior (although they're starters - I think you get the idea)
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    I think Miner has like a 9+ ERA right now.
    Find a new slant.

Zumaya out 12 weeks with finger injury

Tigers reliever Joel Zumaya is expected to be out for 12 weeks because of a ruptured tendon in his middle right finger.

Zumaya, who regularly throws fastballs at over 100 mph, hurt himself while warming up Saturday night at Kansas City. He was examined Monday in New York by Dr. Charles Melone, who was scheduled to perform surgery Thursday.

After he was injured, Zumaya said he felt a "shocking pain" because of the injury.

"I thought maybe my knuckle cracked," he said Saturday. "I went to a curveball and I couldn't even grip the ball. I threw another fastball and it popped again, and a sharp pain ran through my finger. I called down and said, 'I need a trainer quick."'

Zumaya is a key member of a strong bullpen that helped Detroit win the AL pennant last season. He is 1-1 with a 3.63 ERA this season, striking out 17 in 17 1/3 innings.

Right-hander Aquilino Lopez was called up when Zumaya went on the disabled list. Righty Jose Mesa will likely pitch more with Zumaya out, and Fernando Rodney and Todd Jones will close out games.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6786148

+ Reply to Thread