+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuban supports supervised use of steriods for injuries

Cuban supports supervised use of steriods for injuries

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says steroids could have a legal and useful place in sports -- as long as they are administered under a doctor's supervision to help athletes recover from injuries and there's no risk of long-term health effects.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=4581839

Blog Entries
    Mark grabbin' headlines again. His shit is so orchestrated.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    Mark grabbin' headlines again. His shit is so orchestrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubes
    Fuck you, pal.
    Find a new slant.

I agree with Mark. Steroids are much safer than many occupational hazards.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'm sure all fans and owners just love it when their sports heroes sit on the bench in a suit, rehabbing from some injury and taking awhile because we're worried about using steroids even under a doctor's supervision.

I'm against underground steroid use because it sets the bar for competition where you have to turn yourself into a human drug trial to compete, pumping your ass full of whatever black market cocktail you got from some shady mofo hanging out in the gym lockerroom.

To the degree that steroid use can be brought to the same level of safety and supervision as any other drugs or medical procedures I don't have a problem with it. By that I don't mean perfectly safe, simply that the risks/benefits have been assessed, the people administering it are accountable in some fashion and the user can make a relatively informed decision.

I dont know much about steroids, if anything, but I have a negative perception of it.

I'm sure most other people are the same, which would make implementing something like this even more difficult. People are unlikely to agree with something they know nothing about, kinda like nuclear power...

The thing that sucks for an athlete is that there are plenty of legal treatments that you and I can get and they are not allowed to have. Steroids are already used for a wide variety of ailments under doctor supervision. Athletes can't use a host of over the counter drugs that we can. They get a head cold and can't use nasal spray, or something like that. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, athletes have it rough. Poor athletes.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread