+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008/09 NHL News

Did I see that crawler right?

Wings and Blackhawks to play at Wrigley on New Years Eve?
    Players meeting my ASS!

I hadn't heard anything but that's awesome. I'll watch for sure.
    _

It's about time. Now we actually play Toronto.

The NHL reverted back to its pre-lockout scheduling format, increasing the number of interconference games from 10 to 18 and reducing the number of times a club faces a divisional rival from eight to six.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

We should HAVE to play all the original 6 teams at least once per season. They should work that into the schedule, its just wrong when we don't.
    _

it should be a home and home with them.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Nine-time Cup winner Bowman to join Blackhawks as senior adviser
    ESPN.com news services
    Updated: July 31, 2008, 1:07 PM ET

Scotty Bowman wielded a magic touch as coach of the Detroit Red Wings, and after retiring, continued to lend his expertise as a special consultant to the team.

Now, he's taking his legendary knowledge to Central Division-rival Chicago.

The Blackhawks will hold a 3 p.m. ET news conference to announce that Bowman, a Hall of Fame coach with nine Stanley Cup rings, will join the team as senior adviser.

Team president John McDonough, general manager Dale Tallon and assistant GM Stan Bowman -- Scotty's son -- are expected to attend the news conference.

It is the latest coup for the Blackhawks, who are experiencing a resurgency that includes young talents Patrick Kane, named the 2008 Calder Trophy winner as rookie of the year, and Jonathan Toews, who at age 20 was recently named team captain.

The Blackhawks also will be hosts of the NHL's outdoor Winter Classic on New Year's Day at Wrigley Field, when they will be playing -- coincidentally enough -- the Red Wings.

Bowman, 74, retired in 2002, making the announcement on the ice after the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup, beating the Carolina Hurricanes in five games.

After that, he served as a consultant to the Red Wings; Mike Babcock relied on him regularly this season as they won yet another Stanley Cup, beating the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Bowman led the Montreal Canadiens to five Stanley Cup titles in the 1970s, and guided the Penguins to the Cup in 1992. He joined the Red Wings in 1993, and eventually led them to three Cups.

Bowman also served as coach and general manager with the St. Louis Blues and Buffalo Sabres. He leads all coaches with 2,141 games coached and 1,244 career victories, along with the nine Stanley Cups.
    I wonder if he'll take the whistle with him?
    Find a new slant.

Thats pisses me off.
    Players meeting my ASS!

A division rival no less.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Thats pisses me off.
    yeah i loved him but going to a division rival...

Nepotism conquers all...

+ Reply to Thread