+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tom Izzo: The Fire Still Burns

Tom Izzo: The Fire Still Burns

Amazing article in this week's Sports Illustrated. I think even Michigan fans could appreciate it. Mentions Dorian Dawkins passing away. You'll be hard pressed to find a better person for any program when you read the things Izzo did in that situation.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...8166/index.htm

Less talk, more pie.
    STEW BEEF!

He's solid. The best thing is he has been able to come in and stay for a long time without getting stale.

I think a lot of the stuff about how good of a person he is can be true of other coaches, but maybe they don't have the success, or the tenure with the program.

He keeps his program clean, he wins, he like-able, and he came in at the relatively young age of 40 and will be a 20+ year guy.

See, Beilein is a good guy, but he's had to climb the ladder to get a good job and he won't be around 20 years.
    Calhoun is successful and has been around 20+ years but he comes with a little controversy.
    That's how guys like Dean Smith, Coach K, and Izzo (just to name a few) become icons. The total package. I think UM was hoping to get that with Amaker. Problem is, he couldn't coach.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    Love the Izzo threads, keep 'em coming.

Too bad he won't be sticking around in E.L. much longer.

I just had to...
    Find a new slant.

Fire ring still burning?

Stay away from jalapeno's
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    Love the Izzo threads, keep 'em coming.

Too bad he won't be sticking around in E.L. much longer.

I just had to...
    Even better are your desperate "Izzo to __________" threads. Every single time a job opens you know Glan is getting that started. Have you hit two dozen yet?

Ive been saying this for the last 10 years, Izzo leaves if/when he wins another National Championship. He said so himself. If he wins it all this year and wants to move on, I won't be happy, but I'll be more than supportive of the guy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker
    Have you hit two dozen yet?
    Sit tight.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker
    Even better are your desperate "Izzo to __________" threads. Every single time a job opens you know Glan is getting that started. Have you hit two dozen yet?

Ive been saying this for the last 10 years, Izzo leaves if/when he wins another National Championship. He said so himself. If he wins it all this year and wants to move on, I won't be happy, but I'll be more than supportive of the guy.
    Sigh.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

[QUOTE=Baker]Amazing article in this week's Sports Illustrated. I think even Michigan fans could appreciate it. Mentions Dorian Dawkins passing away. You'll be hard pressed to find a better person for any program when you read the things Izzo did in that situation.

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Anybody see the HBO Real Sports segment on Izzo? They interviewed Mariucci and he said that he and Izzo lived together for 7 years during college and neither of them had girlfriends, so many people assumed that they were "together".

lol
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread