+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grantland: Josh Smith and the future of the Detroit Pistons

Blog Entries

Grantland: Josh Smith and the future of the Detroit Pistons

Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Nobody?

I thought that was a really solid piece.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that basically was like an extended essay of all the points I was arguing with my friends.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Would never see anything that insightful from the local/beat hacks.
    Find a new slant.

That's the best article I can remember reading. I wonder how appreciative the general public is.

I think he's selling Drummond a little bit short by comparing him to Tyson Chandler. Javale McGee is more like a young Chandler than Drummond is. If in his peak he is similar to Chandler then it would mean that hasn't grown much at all as a player, and has somehow lost bulk and strength.

I would be even harsher on Monroe too. His offense isn't as helpful as people make it sound. This last season was his first as the primary scoring option, and he responded by putting up 16 ppg on 48.6% shooting. 48.6% is not good for a guy who is exclusively scoring in the paint, that type of shooting percentage typically happens when a player is shooting threes to bring his average down a bit. Also, having a big guy who doesn't rotate in a league that doesn't allow hand checking is not a good idea. That should be common sense.

I couldn't agree more about Knight though. He nailed it in the article.

The floor spacing issue is overblown in my opinion. If the team isn't successful it won't be because the team starts 3 non shooting big men. It will be because the team has one starting big man who doesn't play d and nobody to initiate any half court offense.
    k

Read it yesterday thanks to Regicide. Really good article, hit on a lot of good points.

The thing about Knight is that he might break through/be able to see ahead a little better soon, so it's tough to give up on him. Though I definitely would for the right price (Rondo)

ReTweeting is a powerful drug Dr Ray

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

You wouldn't believe who I saw at the ATT store on Woodward and 12 mile today... Yes, I just saw Josh Smith there. He has a Range Rover with a Georgia plate.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I don't believe it.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread