View Poll Results: What do you think of the Kuester hiring?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it!

2 8.70%
  • He's okay.

6 26.09%
  • I don't know what to think

9 39.13%
  • It sucks.

6 26.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John Kuester named Pistons head coach

John Kuester named Pistons head coach

Kuester has been getting noticed for a while. He's spent lot of time with a lot of different teams over the year, because every year another team offers him a raise and more responsibility to join their staff.

His stint with the Cavs was his first as a head assistant. That their offense has improved so much under him has not gone unnoticed.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    he didnt do a lot on LBs staff!?

he had a lot to do with designing the plays, but had little to do calling them or with player development.

His reputation was ruined at George Washington 20 years ago, when he completely fell flat on his face. He's spent the last 20 years working his way back up the ladder and getting his credibility back.

IMO, i admire the way he's worked himself back from the very bottom. He knows how to fight.

Blog Entries
    lol, you know your shit Kstat, but you're such a company man.
    Find a new slant.

I don't know if Kstat is a company man. He was bitching like crazy when we let Memo go instead of Sheed.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I'm not too high on Kuester--apparently he's regarded as an 'offensive' coach, but Cleveland seems to have been one of the most offensively disoriented teams in the league the last few years.

Blog Entries
    This is the kind of shit I HATE.

Dumars: Pistons won't hire Avery Johnson

Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

Detroit -- The Pistons have passed on hiring Avery Johnson as coach, team president Joe Dumars said Tuesday.

"Where we are right now as a team is kind of like where we were at the start of the Rick Carlisle era," Dumars said. "And a $4 to $5 million (a year) coach is not what we need right now. We didn't have one of those until we were close to contending for a championship when we got Larry (Brown)."

Dumars said the coach probably will be either John Kuester, the former Pistons assistant now with the Cavaliers, or Tom Thibodeau, a Celtics assistant.

The Pistons fired coach Michael Curry last week. Johnson and former Pistons coach Doug Collins were reportedly Dumars' top two choices. Collins quickly pulled himself out of contention.
    No wonder Collins, JVG, et al aren't interested. And if you're one of the "hot" assistants, do you take this job when Dumars just basically said that you are a seat warmer until we need someone better.

This is a clusterfuck.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    And Kstat's attempts to spin this kind of stuff positive is why I call him a company man.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    I'm not too high on Kuester--apparently he's regarded as an 'offensive' coach, but Cleveland seems to have been one of the most offensively disoriented teams in the league the last few years.

He wasn't a part of that staff a few years ago. He was brought on in 2007 and given the reigns of total offensive control in 2008.

During timeouts when they were setting up plays, he was the guy talking to the players in the huddle, not mike brown.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    He wasn't a part of that staff a few years ago. He was brought on in 2007 and given the reigns of total offensive control in 2008.

During timeouts when they were setting up plays, he was the guy talking to the players in the huddle, not mike brown.
    Which begs the question why Mike Brown has a job in this league, but I digress.

Interesting nugget.

+ Reply to Thread