+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Transformers the movie teaser trailer up...

Transformers the movie teaser trailer up...

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Ah, memories.....childhood wouldn't have been half as fun without the Transformers. All other comic/cartoon characters were a distant second.

Can't wait to see how they pull off a live-action version. Even if it's shitty, I'll still probably see it.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-01-2006 at 05:16 PM.

Oh no... Michael Bay. Didn't they learn their lesson with The Island?

Still. Looks like it might be fun.

Yep, I fully realize Michael Bay is horrible. That said, at least someone's finally making a movie. It's only been 25 years....

If they include the "old-school" cast with comperable voices, i'll be ok with the story regardless.

I'll accept Megatron not being able to be a handgun, because toy gun laws today make it impossible. But everyone else better be old-school.

I look at it this way: they couldnt POSSIBLY make a worse cast/storyline than the animated movie.....
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-01-2006 at 05:40 PM.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    i'd rather not see a transformers movie than have an unfit director helm it. And the idea of turning megatron into a tank killed any faith i woulda had in micheal bay.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I look at it this way: they couldnt POSSIBLY make a worse cast/storyline than the animated movie.....
    whatever it lacked in story, it made up in style. that won't happen here with Bay i'm guessing. and the elements of it were off the hook too IMO. Also may I ask the relevence of gun laws to not doing megatron as a gun or even a cannon? I read the interview with the writers and they felt it was impossible to do the gun because of size. though going galvatron with it and making him a cannon is a better idea than a green fugly tank to me.

Either way i have no faith in this and was satisfied with waiting another 10 years until a real director got it. Too late for that now. just gotta hope for the best and get ready for the worst.
    ^

Also may I ask the relevence of gun laws to not doing megatron as a gun or even a cannon?
    It's impractical, because you'd never be able to sell him as a toy like you did 25 years ago. That's the reason megatron was altered from his original handgun form to a tank.

A cannon i guess would be fine, but he was never a cannon either (turning him into galvatron would be confusing), so making him a tank really isn't any different.

BTW, I'm convinced if it didn't get done now, it was never going to get done. Transformers simply doesnt have the kind of pull that most series have, and thus wont attract the same quality of director.

We've waited 25 years. Enough is enough.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-02-2006 at 01:13 PM.

Also may I ask the relevence of gun laws to not doing megatron as a gun or even a cannon?
    It's impractical, because you'd never be able to sell him as a toy like you did 25 years ago. That's the reason megatron was altered from his original handgun form to a tank.
    you have a link to that reason?
    The only thing i ever saw was it being impractical. But nothing to do with guns as toys.

Q: So Megatron, tank or gun?
    A: We are handling everything like a Supreme Court. We are taking everything in from the fans and taking it under judicial review. Treating every decision like it's law. I don't know how we can do it without making Megatron a tank…that's probably how where we're going to end up.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Trans...peak-1707.html

The gun is impractical, no argument there. But so is the idea that they'd have issues with gun laws.
    Heres the best G2 era Megatron(aka tank Megatron) pic.

Looks aight, but not as cool IMO.

here's a link to the history and changes of megatron over the years.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatron
    ^

you have a link to that reason?
    The only thing i ever saw was it being impractical. But nothing to do with guns as toys.
    No link, but I do know megatron was taken off the shelves in the late 80's, because he looked way too realistic as a toy gun, and all realistic-looking toy guns were done away with in the late 80's.

Megatron as a green tank I didn't mind as much, I thought he looked ok.

Not nearly as good as shoulder cannon megatron, but close enough.

Having a transformers discussion for the first time since 1990 means the movie is worth it, at least to me.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-02-2006 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    whatever it lacked in story, it made up in style.
    The animated movie was cool as hell, not by today's standards, but when it came out, seeing it on the big screen... it was good, really good.

Just for nostalgia's sake I even bought the dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    whatever it lacked in story, it made up in style.
    The animated movie was cool as hell, not by today's standards, but when it came out, seeing it on the big screen... it was good, really good.

Just for nostalgia's sake I even bought the dvd.
    Same.

I've bought too many transformer DVDs that I never even watched.....if only because I never owned them as a kid.

The movie was high on style, I'll agree to that. The story was very poorly-written, though. Thankfully, when you're 4 you don't care as much about those things.

I remember seeing it on the big screen too. Coolest moment ever.

+ Reply to Thread