+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matt Barnes?

Blog Entries

Matt Barnes?

What do you guys think of Matt Barnes as a potential backup SF?

I really liked what I saw of him this year, and he's an unrestricted FA.

What kind of a contract do you think he'll get on the open market?

He kind of fits the Pistons "journeyman" mold, if the price is right, he could be a nice option.

Thoughts?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Maybe we can get him in a S&T for Nazr, lol.
    Find a new slant.

I like the idea, Glenn, if he comes on the cheap. Otherwise, I just don't know if he provides enough. Also, I'd prefer to wait until Grant Hill makes it clear he isn't coming here before doing anything with Barnes.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

What were his numbers? I remember watching a couple games and he seemed OK.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I like Matt Barnes a lot. Tons of energy and hustle.

i like him a lot too. he'd have to adapt to our style of play though. but he's pure hustle, heart, and energy. not to mention he has a nice perimeter game and can drive to the hoop too.

crazy as it may sound, i'd take him over hill every day of the week. he's younger and much more athletic. hill scares the hell out of me because he is walking a thin line right now and at any time may be forced to retire due to reoccurring injuries.

JMO

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Am I wrong to think that the only reason he wouldn't play for Golden State is because we (or some other team) would overpay?

Blog Entries
    Matt Barnes played above his head this past season. Contract year. (See Jerome James, Chris Wilcox)

I say get somebody more proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    Matt Barnes played above his head this past season. Contract year. (See Jerome James, Chris Wilcox)

I say get somebody more proven.
    I might agree with you except for the guys hustle. He just seems to really want to play hard regrardless of his contract.

I think that he would leave Golden State for a chance to win. He would be on a great team in Detroit that is always a favorite to win the East and in the West he would still have to deal with some real powerhouses.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    Wilcox didn't have a -bad- season this year by any stretch.

Jerome James didn't have a good season. He had one good playoff, and against an injured Brad Miller no less. Isiah was just stupid.

+ Reply to Thread