+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mike Hart Appreciation Thread

Mike Hart Appreciation Thread

With Adrian Peterson pretty much out for the rest of the year, and Mike Hart coming off a 126 yard, 2 touchdown performance vs. Iowa, giving him 1032 yards and 8 TD's in 8 games, is Mike Hart the best back in college football?

I mean, what more could you want from a back? He's a fiery leader, fierce competitor, has outstanding strength and agility, is a great pass receiver, an excellent blocker, and just makes everyone around him better.

There is no other back I'd rather have in the country.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Mike Hart has as good leg drive as any back I've ever seen. That little fucker moves the entire pack when they gang tackle him. unbeeweebable.

I don't follow football enough to comment on where he stands overall.

I'd take Peterson or Bush over him, assuming they were healthy. But they aren't so IDK.

Other backs?

Spiller and Charles would be apealling, I'd probably take Spiller. Lynch is amazing at Cal.

So I'd take him #3, and have him in my top 5 assuming everyone was healthy.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Darren McFadden is the best back in college football IMO. He's huge, strong, and has blazing speed. He was a Honorable Mention All American as a freshman last year. His 80 yard TD against Auburn was sick. He was the fastest man on the field and he's like 6'2" 215. Hart is great, but McFadden is one of those backs that not only will shine in college, but he'll be an NFL star. Mark that down.
    Last edited by Baker; 10-22-2006 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Darren McFadden is the best back in college football IMO. He's huge, strong, and has blazing speed. He was a Honorable Mention All American as a freshman last year. His 80 yard TD against Auburn was sick. He was the fastest man on the field and he's like 6'2" 215. Hart is great, but McFadden is one of those backs that not only will shine in college, but he'll be an NFL star. Mark that down.
    McFadden is good. Very good.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Mike Hart is not the best back in the nation. Mike Hart is a great back running behind one of the top 3 offensive lines in the Nation.

**edit**

Mike Hart might however be one of the greatest leaders in the nation. The players love the hell out of him and would take a bullet for the guy. He brings something to the field that cannot be replaced.

CJ Spiller > Darren McFadden

I can't give it for for Hart as the top back. When you're running behind that line and you lead the nation in most carries, you should be far and away the leading rusher with a dozen or more TDs.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping the guy at all. They have played some good defenses against the rush. Other games, when the defenses aren't nearly as good, they shut him down early to give carries to guys like Grady and Minor. If he was the only stud RB Michigan had, he could easily have stuck it out in some of those games and have a couple hundred more yards with a couple more TDs.
    But with Hart, if I were to say he was the best in the country I would be lying to myself. If his top end speed was a bit faster, if he were more of a pass catching threat, if his big-play ability were a bit bigger, I could say he was the best.
    But a couple others have hit some key points. If we had a better RB that was a bit of a punk, we wouldn't be as good. This guy is certainly a leader.
    Also, while his big play ability is a bit less (he'll break 20 yard runs often but rarely goes for 40 or 50+), I think there are times when he gets 3 more yards on the tough inside run than anyone. He NEVER stops.
    So if he were a bit faster to the outside and turning the corner, I think it's safe to say he would break more big plays and have a higher YPC than 4.8. But in college, 4.8 YPC isn't amazing.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I would say he's the most determined back in college football.

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    Mike Hart is not the best back in the nation. Mike Hart is a great back running behind one of the top 3 offensive lines in the Nation.

**edit**

Mike Hart might however be one of the greatest leaders in the nation. The players love the hell out of him and would take a bullet for the guy. He brings something to the field that cannot be replaced.

but shouldn't the second paragraph be part of the equation?

+ Reply to Thread