+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Delfino wants to leave...again (and he reiterates it again on 7/24/06)

Delfino wants to leave...again (and he reiterates it again on 7/24/06)

According to hoopshype, Delfino wants to leave because he wants to develop as a player, and he wants a team where he can play.
    Last edited by Cross; 07-24-2006 at 08:47 AM.

well, Joe D has publically said that he wants Delfino to get serious burn this coming season. i dislike Delfino talking about that stuff to reporters abroad. i tried to read the translation, but couldn't make much of it. hopefully, it's a case of something lost in the translation.

*waits for WOD's ferner rant*

The "lost in translation" excuse only worked once, he HAS to go. We just dealt a guy for a willow tree so he could get minutes, now this? If he just said this recently he's gone. We need a powerful, scoring 2-3 who's on board with what we're doing here.

PS-over/under on thread pages=9

well if he wants to leave so bad, there's no use in keeping him around. I expected him gone since midseason anyways. There was this other interview a while back where he said Joe D told him to wait until the off-season and if he still wanted to go they'd deal him. Some shitty team that can give him 25+ minutes is probably what he's looking for.

The positive is, I think he'd actually be decent trade bait. He'd be an actual young trade asset, rather than just cash or over the hill veterens or draft picks.
    Last edited by metr0man; 07-13-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    let's move him, this has happened too many times to keep blaming it on being "lost in translation"

Maybe we can package him with Dale and Mo's trade exception for Wells or Harrington?
    Find a new slant.

But really can we please stop drafting them in the NBA all together?

They're like soccer players. So fucking dramatic. Nothing hurts them, and they complain like theirs no tomarrow.

i say we keep him simply because i can't imagine us getting anything in return that's going to help us. if we can get someone like Bonzi or Harrington in return, then hell yeah, go for it. i just don't think that deal's in the waiting for us. if it was, i think Joe D woudl have jumped on it already.

we don't move the guy just because he wants playing time. i don't think that Delfino is any sort of lockerroom cancer, so i'm ok with keeping him. he's not burning a hole in our cap, so what's the harm?

give him the PT this season to prove his worth. not because he's "demanding" the PT, but because we desperately need his potential talent off the bench. i'm just sick of seeing us trade away or let players go, and watch them succeed elsewhere.

I agree with Matt.

We aren't getting harrington for sure, but I think Bonzi might be a possibility. S&T Delfino, DD, Mo TE for Bonzi. That would be the obvious deal

Ditch the bitch.

We won't get anything for him though. We picked him in the late 20's 3 years ago and he hasn't done shit since. We'll get less for him than we got for Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by the wrath of diddy
    Ditch the bitch.

We won't get anything for him though. We picked him in the late 20's 3 years ago and he hasn't done shit since. We'll get less for him than we got for Mo.
    then what's the point of trading him? if we get squat for him, all it does is make our bench even thinner. it's not like he's a starter who's going to cause a rift in the lockerroom.

i'm all for moving him if we're upgrading, but i doubt we can. otherwise, i think we should just throw him in the fire and say, put up or shut up.

+ Reply to Thread