View Poll Results: Panic Time in Motor City

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! The schedule is tougher now, we're in trouble.

2 20.00%
  • The next two series are critical, but we can right this ship.

6 60.00%
  • We're fine. In Leyland we trust.

2 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Panic?

Panic?

The Tigers were as much as 10 games ahead not but a week ago. That lead has fallen all the way to 5.5 games. With teams such as Boston, New York and many more games with the unbeatable White Sox, the road to the playoffs doesn't look so easy anymore.

Is it time to panic?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    I think it depends on what your (adjusted) expectations are.

I'm already satisifed with this season, no matter how it turns out. That being said, I'm confident in saying that the White Sox are a better team than the Tigers are. They just are.

If we can hold them off, we wouldn't have to face them until the 2nd round, which would be a huge plus.

I trust in Leyland, and he said exactly what I've been thinking, this is a test for these guys, let's see how they respond.

It's funny, but a month or two ago I was thinking that these Tigers reminded me of the 2004 champion Pistons, and now they're starting to remind me of the most recent Pistons team, right down to the GM not making a deadline trade that might have helped seal a championship.

One thing is for sure, you won't win many series against the game's elite teams when you only take 1 walk in three games while striking out 22 times.
    Find a new slant.

162 games, your not going to play well though all of them. Streeks like this are going to happen. Its happened to the yankees, white sox, and to boston. We'll be fine.

3 wins in 11 games isn't exactly easing my concern here.....

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread