+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with the offense?

What's wrong with the offense?

What happened to the team that averaged 97 ppg in the regular season? Where is the offense? What can be done to correct it? This isn't a one game thing, the most the Pistons have scored in the last six games was tonight's 86 (and most of those were meaningless at the end of the game).

We're going to have to hold the Heat to 75 or 80 ppg at this rate if we want to win the series, unless some adjustments are made.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    its tempo, coaching, and execution. we are failing at all 3.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Our offense has been struggling since Game 3 of the Cleveland series. (Actually, more like the 4th quarter of Game 2).
    Last edited by H1Man; 05-23-2006 at 10:52 PM.

Yes, flip saunders is the reason why we missed 50 open shots today.... lol

plain and simple, we missed open shots. There is no deeper reason.

If we get those exact game shots for 7 games, we'll win 5 of them.

I think our offense just ahd a carry-over effect from cleveland. They needed a game to get back into a good groove, even with all those good looks.

I guess we're still looking to duplicate the 2004 playoff run...

We lost game 1 of the ECF to Indiana that year as well.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-23-2006 at 11:00 PM.

Right now I am ashamed to be a Piston fan. The effort these asshole have given since the 3rd quarter of game 2 against the Cavs in embarassing. Flip deserves to go and Joe is on thin Ice. I'm sick of these arrogant asshole sleep walking through games. Blow the fucking team up. I hope Davidson moves the franchise back to Fort Wayne so I don't have to root for these fuckers anymore.

here's a theory and i want to know what you guys think. could it be that the opposing coaches have really been studying the Piston's offense, and they've found some good countermeasures? i know it's easy to think that they are just collectively ice cold and missing shots they normally hit.....but it seems to me that most of those shots are being contested. and how can a team that scored so well be struggling so badly? it started w/ Mike Brown making adjustments and i'm sure Riley's been studying game tape of the Cavs series to figure out what worked. i'm wondering if there are nuances that the opposing coaches have done to really mess up the flex-hyperbolic-offense-thing that Flip runs.

of course the discusssion will inevitably end with questions of why Flip isn't countering the adjustments.

maybe i'm way off.....just trying to make sense of this struggle we've been having to score.

It's laziness. There is no people movement at all. Rip and Tay are running off screens and cutting like they were early in the season. Most everything now is moving the ball around the perimeter and ISO garbage. That's the playcalling and laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    here's a theory and i want to know what you guys think. could it be that the opposing coaches have really been studying the Piston's offense, and they've found some good countermeasures?
    Is teams were disrupting our offense, I'd agree with you.

Miami didnt do shit to shut us down tonight, though. We got some great looks and just couldnt put them down.

I'm sorry, I just dont see what coaching has to do with our players missing open shots. If this shit repeats itself in game 2, I'll agree that there's a problem, but for now all I see is us missing easy shots.

The only thing I'd change is getting Delk in the game more. Our guards had no gas left in the 4th quarter. Lindsey cant be our only reserve guard to get major minutes.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-24-2006 at 12:04 AM.

Dead legs compounded with lazy shot selection. We need some of the guys that havent been playing much (Delk, Evans, Delfino) to to get some minutes and give us a spark. I'll take those guys shooting on fresh legs over Billups, Rip, Tayshaun, Sheed shooting on tired legs anyday.

The starters just have no defensive intensity either. Watching Wade and J Will blow by Mr. Big Head made me want to puke. How the hell did that guy get 2nd team All-Defense?
    Last edited by FP22; 05-24-2006 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FP22
    Dead legs compounded with lazy shot selection.
    Yeah, we got good looks, but some of them could have been better.

I think fatigue played a huge factor in tonight.

I say that with the exception of sheed, who took one good shot all night.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-24-2006 at 12:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread