+ Reply to Thread

Thread: movies that should be made

movies that should be made

i'll start.

dune.

its been made twice, but i'd like to see a big budget version thats a little more mainstream.

lucas should have done this movie rather than the star wars prequals (anyone who's read dune would probably say it is the prequal to star wars anyway).

anyway, badass story. would definitly be a blockbuster if done right.

The Hobbit.

yeah, i'm a geek.....but i read this book way back when and loved it. it was the first fantasy type book i had ever read. considering how good the LOTR trilogy was, i'm sure they'd do a great job w/ The Hobbit.

Enjoying my new sig, and av. Waiting for coming fight with wrath.
    Something I've always wanted to write/direct since reading the book, and maybe someday soon I'll be able to, but THE TALISMAN.

The key is that the book is NOT written entirly by King, who gets long-winded and boring. It's co-written by Peter Straub so it flows. It has wonderfull charactors, and events and would make an enthrawling film.

If I don't do it, I really hope the correct director gets it, and not some ass-hack.

Besides that, a german book called The Satanic Mill. Read that book back in grade school, and have been in love with it ever since.

seeing zeeb's post reminded me.

how about a kick-ass Zelda trilogy? Nintendo fanboys would be all over that. i'd definitely watch it, if they did the video game series justice. maybe something dark, even though the video games were so vibrant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Spawn and "They Live" should be remade
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

They should remake Wildstyle.

They should also make a movie about a story I read from this book...

It a story about a kid who buys a flute and finds out it's made from a human bone, and whenever he plays the flute it wakes up a zombie who tries to get his arm back. If I wrote that into a movie script it would be unreal, I'd have twists in it like crazy.
    k

Quote Originally Posted by zeebneebV.3
    Something I've always wanted to write/direct since reading the book, and maybe someday soon I'll be able to, but THE TALISMAN.

The key is that the book is NOT written entirly by King, who gets long-winded and boring. It's co-written by Peter Straub so it flows. It has wonderfull charactors, and events and would make an enthrawling film.

If I don't do it, I really hope the correct director gets it, and not some ass-hack.

Besides that, a german book called The Satanic Mill. Read that book back in grade school, and have been in love with it ever since.
    Damn. What grade school did you go to? It wasn't in Hell, Michigan was it?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

+ Reply to Thread