+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Pistons beat Magic 84-73 (Fri 2/10) - Game Recap

OGT: Pistons beat Magic 84-73 (Fri 2/10) - Game Recap

Game Recap, video highlights, and boxscore

The Detroit Pistons don't play on consecutive nights until after the All-Star break, and that's just fine with them.

After snapping their first two-game losing streak of the season, Detroit looks to get back on track on the road when it meets the Orlando Magic.

The Pistons had dropped three of five -- all on the road -- before coming away with a 97-87 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers at home on Wednesday.

Detroit coach Flip Saunders blamed the poor stretch on fatigue caused by the team's tough schedule over the past few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
    "We've had four sets of back-to-backs over the last 15 days, it has been a grind," Saunders said. "We finished the game tonight, made plays down the stretch, which is important. Now we're in a situation where we've got day rest, play, day rest, play, day rest, play, so I think we'll be able to keep a little bit fresher."

Tayshaun Prince scored 11 of his 22 points in the first five minutes of the fourth quarter Wednesday, helping the Pistons pull away. Rasheed Wallace had 19 points for Detroit while Chauncey Billups added 18.

"The last five or six games, our energy level has been down," Prince said. "That's why I knew the fourth quarter was the time to get aggressive, try to hit some shots and get to the line."

Orlando lost for the sixth time in seven games Wednesday, falling 94-89 in double overtime at Milwaukee.

The Magic had the lead in the final seconds of regulation, but Bucks forward Bobby Simmons hit a 3-pointer as time expired to send the game into overtime. Orlando then shot 3-for-17 in the two extra sessions.

"We played tough in the first overtime, but in the second overtime, we just ran out of gas," Magic forward Pat Garrity said.

Hedo Turkoglu bounced back from a season-low four points in Orlando's 94-82 loss at Washington on Monday to lead the Magic with 27, and DeShawn Stevenson added 14 before fouling out in the second overtime.

Steve Francis was held to eight points after scoring a season-low five against the Wizards.

The Pistons have won three straight and nine of the last 11 meetings with Orlando.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2006021019

Official Game Chat

Starts: 6:45PM EST (15min before gametime)

System requirements: Latest version of Flash

Link to OGC: http://www.pistonsbball.com/chat/flashchat.php

be there or be square

Blog Entries
    I'm in the chat right now.

It's very lonely, and a bit cold.
    Find a new slant.

pistosn should beat the magic rather easily. i'm thinking a double digit victory. the one thing i like watching is how much of a beast Dwight Howard is.

we've got mini-Dwight in Mad Max....hopefully he gets some burn tonight.

Close game
    And tayshaun will have a new career high

I have to give a quick shoutout to Matt for doing a lot of game threads lately and always hosting the chats. Good work, playa.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I hope we figure out a way to leave Arroyo behind when we board roundball one. Magic supposedly like Arroyo - lets make something happen.

Maybe Dooling for Arroyo straight up...
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I have to give a quick shoutout to Matt for doing a lot of game threads lately and always hosting the chats. Good work, playa.

matt is the man

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    pistosn should beat the magic rather easily. i'm thinking a double digit victory. the one thing i like watching is how much of a beast Dwight Howard is.

Is Max active? I thought he got burned when Hunter came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt

Is Max active? I thought he got burned when Hunter came back.
    i honestly haven't taken notice.

+ Reply to Thread