+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Waived Players

Waived Players

It looks like the Orlando Magic have waived Penny Hardaway and the Cavs have waived Lee Nailon.

Tim Thomas is working on a buyout and four teams have already indicated interest - Nets, Heat, Sixers and Spurs.

That can't be good for business. I can't see him choosing Miami or Spurs because he'll be looking to earn his next contract. Sixers and Nets could offer him playing time at least. However stranger things have happened.

Heat would have to cut Earl Barron, Mike Doleac or Jason Kapono though...
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

hey

Can penny even play anymore? Or is he one of those guys who should have retired years ago? I wonder if he would be better than Delk for the 10 mins or so off the bench. eh, probably not.

Welcome to the board. And to answer your question, he should have retired a long long time ago. I would not like to see him here.

Ha! Thanks. Check out the graphics forum. There is tones of stuff there.

i think you need to watch blue chips again.

sounds like delk is ours (via mlive) if he clears waivers.

Chicago is trying to buyout Tim Thomas, but doesn't want him to go to play-off rivals. Since he is being linked to New Jersey and especially Philly(for last play-off spot), they might keep him, unless they cane be assured that he won't sign there.

Is there such thing as a conditional buyout??
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

What's up with Thomas? Is he hurt? If he's healthy I'd probably rather he stays off a competitor. You don't want him to all of a sudden "get it". As it is he's a 6-10 guy who can hit 40% from long distance. Miami seems like the place he'd end up.

+ Reply to Thread