+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pacers here

Pacers here

WTF is this a contract year for Stuckey or something? He had a good 2 minutes stetch.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Forgot, Stuck got benched, right? Maybe that lit a fire up under his ass.
    Players meeting my ASS!

this is the perfect example of how important it is to have big men with discipline protecting the paint. statistically, Drummond had a good game. If you're watching the game for excitement he provided plenty of it. I'm sure everyone is going to say he had a good game, but If you understand fundamentals you saw him get torched. He completely looses his man rather often. It's kinda weird seeing a guy get praised for his defense, and at the same time look like he has no idea how to play D. I guess that's what happens when your team sucks and you get 3 blocks by trying to guard an entire team yourself and challenging anything that even remotely looks like a shot.
    k

That's what happens when you're that big and athletic at 19 and try to defend 5 players on your own without understanding your limitations.

Drummond absolutely gets burned a lot. He also wipes out just as many quality scoring chances because he's simply that gifted, and his motor doesn't stop. He's only going to learn through trial and error, like any other rookie.

Dennis Rodman was a 25 year old rookie and it still took him 2 years to really understand how to balance everything out. He got burned quite often trying to do too much on one play. Chuck Daly had to keep reeling him in until 1989, when things started to click and Rodman went from a pure hustle guy to a DPOY candidate.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-16-2012 at 06:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread