+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008/09 Pistons trade rumors/speculation

Blog Entries

2008/09 Pistons trade rumors/speculation

Apparently there is a Sheed/Tyson Chandler trade rumor floating around. I don't have time to source it, though.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Well, if this is the original source, then there's probably not much, if anything, to this.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c....htm?eref=sisf
    Find a new slant.

Chandler would probably fit nicely with Bosh. I'd say we'd be missing Sheed's post scoring, but...
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Well, if this is the original source, then there's probably not much, if anything, to this.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c....htm?eref=sisf
    Why would LA trade Gordon and Kamen for VC? That makes no sense at all. They'd be back down to #1 pick range when Camby and VC get hurt/retire.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

This team would likely miss Sheed's three point shooting and ability to stretch the defense, especially if it faces Orlando and Boston. Someone has to pull Superman and KG away from the basket on defense.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    This team would likely miss Sheed's three point shooting and ability to stretch the defense, especially if it faces Orlando and Boston. Someone has to pull Superman and KG away from the basket on defense.
    They would miss that range, but how many teams have won with a 3 point shooting big man? Besides the Pistons in 2004, I can't think of one in the last 15 years.

Celtics (KG doesn't have 3P range really)
    Spurs x 4 (Horry is a reserve, not a 35 MPG player)
    Heat (nope)
    Lakers x 3 (again, Horry is a role player)
    Bulls x 6 (nope)
    Rockets x 2 (nope)

You could maybe argue Horry, but that's it and he's just a role player who only shot a couple threes a game. He also complimented post players by creating space for them. We don't have TD or Shaq down there, which is why we don't need Sheed floating all the time. BTW, Sheed shoots more than twice the 3's Horry did.

Tony Kukoc for the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I suppose so, but on those teams only half his minutes were even at the 4 spot (after the minutes of Rodman, Longley, Wennington, Salley, Edwards, Caffey and Simpkins are subtracted from the total 4/5 spots).

So he was half SF, half PF. I don't consider that a big man.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    They would miss that range, but how many teams have won with a 3 point shooting big man? Besides the Pistons in 2004, I can't think of one in the last 15 years.

Celtics (KG doesn't have 3P range really)
    Spurs x 4 (Horry is a reserve, not a 35 MPG player)
    Heat (nope)
    Lakers x 3 (again, Horry is a role player)
    Bulls x 6 (nope)
    Rockets x 2 (nope)

You could maybe argue Horry, but that's it and he's just a role player who only shot a couple threes a game. He also complimented post players by creating space for them. We don't have TD or Shaq down there, which is why we don't need Sheed floating all the time. BTW, Sheed shoots more than twice the 3's Horry did.
    The Heat had Fattoine Walker, if that counts.

Fatione was the SF. Shaq and Haslem played in the post. Doesn't count.

+ Reply to Thread