+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yzerman in 2009 HOF class

Yzerman in 2009 HOF class

Red Wings' Steve Yzerman named to Hall of Fame; former teammates Brett Hull, Luc Robitaille in, too

by Ansar Khan Tuesday June 23, 2009, 3:35 PM

AP File PhotoFormer Red Wings captain Steve Yzerman was named to the Hockey Hall of Fame's class of 2009 on Tuesday.

It's official: Former Red Wings captain Steve Yzerman has been named to the Hockey Hall of Fame's class of 2009. Jim Gregory, co-chairman of the board for the Hockey Hall of Fame just made the announcement on a conference call.
    Two of Yzerman's former teammates, Brett Hull and Luc Robitaille, as well as former New York Rangers defenseman Brian Leetch, also were named to this year's class in the player category. New Jersey Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello was named in the builders category. The induction ceremony will be on Nov. 9 in Toronto.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    No surprise that he got in, but it is awesome that he is 6th all-time in HOF votes. He deserves it. He is literally the reason I am a Red Wings fan. I was about 5 yrs old, really bored on a weekend, and watched hockey for the first time. It happened to be a Wings game, and I thought Yzerman was cool.

3 guys from the same team making the HOF at the same time. That's pretty outstanding. It's no surprise that any of those 4 were inducted.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    No surprise that he got in, but it is awesome that he is 6th all-time in HOF votes. He deserves it. He is literally the reason I am a Red Wings fan. I was about 5 yrs old, really bored on a weekend, and watched hockey for the first time. It happened to be a Wings game, and I thought Yzerman was cool.
    Who are the top 5?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Who are the top 5?
    I went to look and realize I read the article wrong. He is sixth in points, not all-time HOF balloting.

+ Reply to Thread