View Poll Results: How do you feel about the Pistons offseason so far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very excited

2 6.25%
  • Pretty happy

10 31.25%
  • Neutral

10 31.25%
  • Somewhat disappointed

8 25.00%
  • Outraged

2 6.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FAN-O-METER (Post Gordon/Charlie signings and Curry's firing)

Blog Entries

FAN-O-METER (Post Gordon/Charlie signings and Curry's firing)

Just taking the pulse...
    Find a new slant.

If this is our roster to start the year it sucks (assuming the 4 mil is spent to resign Dice or a comparable big). I'm going to hold off until I see his trades.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Are we supposed to do something?
    Yes, wait for the poll options.
    Find a new slant.

I'm very excited. We might be shit. But I'm still very excited.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    I'm somewhat disappointed that most of the cap space is gone already and all we have to show for it is a third starting-caliber SG and a somewhat soft perimeter-oriented big man.

Curry's firing should be enough to push me into 'neutral' territory, but I just couldn't bring myself to vote 'neutral'.

Plus, unless other big moves are to come, then who the coach is won't matter much.
    Find a new slant.

When we make the eventual Rip trade, we'll have to start a new version of this. All opinions will likely change (for better or worse).

I'm neutral. We'll have to wait and see how Gordon pairs with Stuckey. Villanueva could be a steal if he keeps up his consistent improvement. Yes, he's a perimiter oriented big, but he's got enough size and athleticism to hold his own. With him, it seems like it's always come down to focus. He's been getting better, so let's see if he can really dial himself in and live up to his "potential".

I always find it interesting to see who guys are compared to. DraftExpress says:
    Best Case: Chris Webber, Young Derrick Coleman
    Worst Case: Jonathan Bender
    He's not going to reach young Webber/Coleman levels but he's already surpassed worst case and he's starting to put things together.

Here's to hoping this is like Billups' situation. Highly touted player out of college, never quite put things together, started to figure things out (Billups when he got his shot in Minny, Charlie starting to show consistent improvement), then we sign him to a reasonable deal that ends up being a steal.
    Last edited by Zekyl; 07-02-2009 at 12:42 PM.
    _

I doubt we get anything good for Rip. The Pistons need bigs now and other teams know it. Who's going to bail them out?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I think you would have gotten similar reactions to the deals that brought Ben, Rip and Chauncey here. The only guy that arrived here with any fanfare at all was sheed.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I doubt we get anything good for Rip. The Pistons need bigs now and other teams know it. Who's going to bail them out?
    I agree to a point, but I think we've started to undervalue Rip a bit. He still can be quite an asset to a team, and his contract isn't outrageous.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I think you would have gotten similar reactions to the deals that brought Ben, Rip and Chauncey here. The only guy that arrived here with any fanfare at all was sheed.

I agree with that. There wasn't much excitement with any of them, especially since we traded away fan favorites for Ben and Rip. Expectations were lower back then, however. Gordon and Charlie could potentially be very good players, I'm just angry at how the teams look right now. If Joe does his thing and we land Okafor in the next month, my opinion will change drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread