+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul Caliber 4

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Soul Caliber 4

Had to have a fighting game hold me off until Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6(Would love to find marvel vs capcom 2 for ps2 somewhere). Like it a lil' bit so far, love playing as darth vadar, but haven't been online. Anybody else trying it out?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I would really like to check that out.....(PS3 only or on 360 too?)

I will hold to the opinion that the first Soul Caliber was the best....that game was money in the bank

both systems. ps3 gets special character Vader, 360 gets Yoda.
    ^

Fuck, I'd rather have Vader than Yoda. I may look into it. I need a new game.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Fuck, I'd rather have Vader than Yoda. I may look into it. I need a new game.
    That's probably why the PS3 version is pushing higher sales.
    ^

actually, I'm not really feeling the bonus characters

what I really loved about this series originally was the story line(s) and throwing Yoda and Vader in for a sales ploy really kills that

I'm not a purist, i just play the damn thing...lol...So Vader is fine by me. The acting is atrocvious and the story always sucks, so i'm not mad about throw ins. Vader pulls off the best acting out of the bunch unfortunately.

Also though I think the PS3 version is selling more for two other reasons, more idea controller for fighting games some say(though i dont like the 360 controller at all, so I have no opinion of my own w/o factoring that in), and the japanese sales boost.
    ^

oh don't get me wrong, I'll play the game and enjoy it

not that I feel that strong about this particular series but what would you do if you were playing Metal Gear and Wolverine and Cyclops stopped in to help out Solid Snake (or whatever his name is)?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    actually, I'm not really feeling the bonus characters

what I really loved about this series originally was the story line(s) and throwing Yoda and Vader in for a sales ploy really kills that
    I've never played any games in the Soul Caliber series, but something you said here really caught me off guard: There's a story line???

I thought it was just a fighting game where you picked the characters and fought. Mortal Kombat style.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Penny Arcade says that both characters will be available on both systems via download of the character that isn't already a special character... character. Click the picture for the news story.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread