+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst commercials

Best/Worst commercials

I just saw one of those Sonic commercials with the two guys in the drive thru. Nearly every one of those is pretty good.

On the other hand, I hate almost all of McDonalds' marketing and commercials. That is something terrible.

McDonald's commercials are good for playing "Spot the Focus Group Testing." For example, take that one with the woman bringing coffee for the jazz ensemble (YouTube video). Look at all the targeted demographics:

1. The actors are all young, targeting young folks;
    2. They are all black, targeting black people;
    3. They play jazz,
    (a) going for jazz-loving old people, and
    (b) making the commercial more palatable for the Mid-American racists.
    4. Goes for feminists, since the woman is competent and shows her equality in playing the saxophone.
    5. Goes after anti-feminists, with the woman serving the men coffee and with her still not being part of the band at the end.
    6. The woman is fairly attractive, and that always helps.

I am also not a fan of McDonald's commercials, if you couldn't tell.

THe only McDonald's commercials I like were the ones with MJ vs Bird for the Big Mac back in the day.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I enjoyed the Jack In The Box commercials. Not great, but solid.

Blog Entries
    The Geico Cavemen have withstood the test of time, but we need new ones.

Anybody know when the TV show is starting? This fall?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    This is also one of the best.

Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I fucking can't stand that Peyton Manning phone commercial, where he's wearing the fake mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oobir
    McDonald's commercials are good for playing "Spot the Focus Group Testing." For example, take that one with the woman bringing coffee for the jazz ensemble (YouTube video). Look at all the targeted demographics:

1. The actors are all young, targeting young folks;
    2. They are all black, targeting black people;
    3. They play jazz,
    (a) going for jazz-loving old people, and
    (b) making the commercial more palatable for the Mid-American racists.
    4. Goes for feminists, since the woman is competent and shows her equality in playing the saxophone.
    5. Goes after anti-feminists, with the woman serving the men coffee and with her still not being part of the band at the end.
    6. The woman is fairly attractive, and that always helps.

I am also not a fan of McDonald's commercials, if you couldn't tell.
    This is a major hot button for me. I HATE MCDONALDS COMMERCIALS! First off, their slogan is "ba da ba ba ba"......for crying out loud that's the slogan, "ba da ba ba ba". And they have been hanging on that little diddy for years now....give it a rest Ronald.

My favorite (most hated) commercial for these marketing geniuses (geni (?)) is the dollar menu party with the dollar cover charge. You may remember this one....the loser at the door collects dollars from all the hotties walkin' in and then proceeds to his "everyday McDonalds" and buys out the dollar menu. He then returns to the bumpin' party with dollar menu items for all, including the big bruiser guy that wants his parfait. They all then get crunk with their dollar menu item.....pure hotness.

My absolute least favorite commercials are the Victory Honda ones (local, but I'm sure most people here have seen them). That lady's voice on there is piercing. I have to change the channel or leave the room immediately in fear that my soul is being stolen from me.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    oh god the commercials on TNT for the closer THE CLOSER

It's as if they're trying to ensure that no one who watches NBA games will ever watch that fucking show. And you know what? It worked. I've never seen a single episode, and apparently that show has been on for like 5 years.

+ Reply to Thread