+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Billups out vs. Clips, Stuckey to start | Saunders admits he F'd up

Blog Entries

Billups out vs. Clips, Stuckey to start | Saunders admits he F'd up

Billups out

As you probably know by now, Chauncey Billups flew back to Detroit to tend to a personal matter. He isn't expected to play against the Clips Saturday. That means Rodney Stuckey will get his first NBA start.

Oh, and by the way, stop speculating on why Flip Saunders didn't play Amir Johnson in Utah. My goodness, from all the stuff I am hearing, you would have thought it was Michael Jordan that got the DNP. No, Amir didn't miss shootaround. No, he didn't miss a bus or a curfew. No, Saunders doesn't hate him. My goodness, people. Saunders admitted that he goofed, that's all. He tried to ride Jason Maxiell too long and wound up not getting Amir in.

"You know, Maxey was playing well and we were trying to match things up, but we probably made a mistake," he told us after practice today. "We should have played Amir. We got into a situation where (Utah) made a run (at the end of the third quarter) and then it was too late. I told the team afterward that I should have played Amir."

People, do you really think Amir would have been a good match-up on Paul Millsap that night? Millsap was moving Maxiell around like he was a rag doll, can you imagine what he would have done to Amir? Would Amir been able to close out on Memo Okur better than Rasheed Wallace was? For sure -- and that was Flip's mistake there. But don't tell me he should have put Amir on Millsap. It's insane the fuss that was made over Amir Johnson, the 10th man in the rotation, not getting into a game.

By the way, what's the over-under on how many points Flip Murray puts on the Pistons Saturday. From what I am hearing, he will be in uniform for the Clips.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Indy Star says Flip Muray is going to the Pacers, not the Clips
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, yeah, cool, whatever.

Is Theo going to play vs. LA?

Blog Entries
    Theo can't be signed until he clears waivers.

He'll probably sign early next week.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Oh. D'oh!

Is Amir Johnson going to play vs. LA?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Oh, and by the way, stop speculating on why Flip Saunders didn't play Amir Johnson in Utah. My goodness, from all the stuff I am hearing, you would have thought it was Michael Jordan that got the DNP.
    McCloskey is a fag. When is he gonna stop speculating damage control? If michael jordan got benched it would be a severe difference, so please shut your sorry ass up on what people "should" complain about in your not so keen mindset.

And no he's not reading this, but i'm just saying that he's a lil' out of line.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Also, I'm going to start working in the "|" symbol into my posts/threads.

It seems to be pretty hip right now.
    Find a new slant.

Flip has been F-ing up for a few games in a row with his shortened bench.

If he can't even trust these guys in meaningless season games, they won't ever see the floor in the playoffs. And once again, Detroit will get worn down.
    Hype?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Asswipe
    People, do you really think Amir would have been a good match-up on Paul Millsap that night? Millsap was moving Maxiell around like he was a rag doll, can you imagine what he would have done to Amir?
    Nothing, if he couldn't catch him or reach him.

Blog Entries
    Stuckey better put up Flip Murray numbers tonight, since we're without the best PG in the league.

+ Reply to Thread