• Sheed gets a tech

1 25.00%
  • Amir DNP CD

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Pistons @ Raptors (3/26/08, 7pm FSD), Pistons hold players-only meeting

Blog Entries

OGT: Pistons @ Raptors (3/26/08, 7pm FSD), Pistons hold players-only meeting

Pre-game Toronto
    Strange shoot-around this morning. The Pistons booted everybody -- coaches, ballboys, equipment guys and even the media relations man Cletus Lewis -- out of the locker room and had a players only meeting. They rarely do that, especially when things are running smoothly, as they are right now.

Part of the meeting was conducted by Arnie Kander, the Pistons strength and conditioning guru. He, apparently, just got on the players about maintaining all the pre- and post-game (and practice) stretching and weight room work. With the playoffs on the horizon, this is not the time to slack off.

A second part of the meeting, from what I gathered from talking to the guys afterward, was just about clearing their minds and getting focused on the task ahead. As Tayshaun Prince said, "Just gearing up for these last 12 games, just to kind of finish off the right way and not go into the playoffs playing up and down. It's something I've been mentioning all year long. Just try to stay on an even keel and stay consistent."

Chauncey Billups put it this way: "Just a little family meeting. It's cool. There was nothing that wasn't positive about it. It's good."

Neither Rip Hamilton (hip) nor Juan Dixon (calf) participated in shootaround. Both worked with Kander. Flip Saunders said they were doubtful, but knowing Hamilton's success against the Raptors, I wouldn't rule him out.
    Find a new slant.

The Raptors are the current playoff matchup for us BTW.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Not sure how it can be a "players-only meeting" with Arnie running it, but whatever.
    Find a new slant.

You don't tell Arnie Kander what meetings he can and cannot go to. He tells you.

Clearly, 2 injured Pistons angered him. He isn't going to let that shit happen on his watch.

Blog Entries
    Kstat made me laugh.

I don't think that has happened since you posted those "GM chat logs" a few years ago.

That was good stuff.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries

Update on Rip Hamilton and Juan Dixon

by A. Sherrod Blakely
    Wednesday March 26, 2008, 12:19 PM

TORONTO -- Both Rip Hamilton (left hip) and Juan Dixon (left calf) were at the team's shoot-around this morning, but spent most of the time on the sidelines working with Arnie Kander, the team's strength and conditioning coach.

Flip Saunders said that both are doubtful for tonight's game, which means rookie Arron Afflalo will once again get the starting nod.

Far more interesting was the players-only meeting the Pistons had prior to walking on to the court. Players were relatively mum on the meeting's specifics, but there were two general themes that seemed to be points of discussion.

1) Conditioning -- lately, the Pistons have been bothered by a few nagging injuries, in part because the players don't necessarily follow through as well as they should on the pre-game and shoot-around conditioning drills led by Kander. There was a noticeable improvement in their focus during those drills this morning, which may very well be tied into the team meeting.

2) Playoff preparation -- A couple different players mentioned how it's time for them to start to not just think about the playoffs, but start developing the kind of habits needed to ensure they don't suffer yet another early playoff exit.

"It's a different story in the playoffs," said Pistons forward Antonio McDyess. "We still haven't won it (an NBA title) in the last three years, so we got to gather ourselves, talk to each other and know what we need to do to get to that point."

"Said Rasheed Wallace: "We're just trying to gear ourselves up, through execution, and get ready for the playoffs. We got 3, three and a half weeks left. We got to hold down home court and try to go undefeated at home over these last few games."
    Find a new slant.

Will Stuckey get a career high tonight?

Glenn should add an option to the poll even though most of my alpacas are on oustanding bets.

If he even does the bets... What a slacker.

jks
    Last edited by DrRay11; 03-26-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11
    Will Stuckey get a career high tonight?
    Will Sheed get a Tech tonight?
    Players meeting my ASS!

A win tonight and a cavs loss clinches the division.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    We're obviously gonba lose because Toronto is better than cleveland.

j/k

Blowout on the horizon tonight. Unless Delfino scores 40.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread