+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tubby Smith leaving for Gophers Job

Tubby Smith leaving for Gophers Job

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2808406

By Andy Katz
    ESPN.com

Tubby Smith will leave Kentucky to take over the head coaching job at Minnesota, multiple sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.
    Smith had four year remaining on his Kentucky contract.
    Smith met with Kentucky players and Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart. Smith is expected to fly to Minnesota later Thursday afternoon.
    Smith called former Minnesota coach Dan Monson early Thursday and told him he was accepting the job. Minnesota is expected to pay Smith $1.8 million per year.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Now it gets interesting.
    What will Iowa do? Will they look to Omaha, and Creighton University coach Dana Altman?
    Altman does more in the Missouri Valley with less than anyone. Creighton is a small, private Jesuit school. Altman has no business winning the Missouri Valley conference and going to the NCAA Tourney 7 of the last 9 years. Altman covets the Iowa job. He would make that his last stop.
    I don't think they go for a huge name, I think they'll look long and hard at Altman or Lowery of SIU.
    Where does that leave Meeechigan?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

LOL... ESPN notes that Tom Izzo is amongst a list of "candidates" for the vacant job. Are we going to need to re-establish the "DrTre11 Suicide Watch" again?

Good for Smith. And fuck those Kentucky fans who were calling for his ouster. Tubby got in the last laugh. Now he's getting 1.8 million somewhere where he'll be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    I'll predict Crean to UK
    Find a new slant.

Glenn:
    That's a good call, but I think that Krueger will get a serious look as well. Other than that? I don't know. Kentucky basketball and Alabama football fans go together. Lots of pressure there.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Dr Tre watched Tom Izzos coaching DVD and said he wasnt that good...sort of overrated and not impressive. Weird?

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    Dr Tre watched Tom Izzos coaching DVD and said he wasnt that good...sort of overrated and not impressive. Weird?
    LOL!

I know it's not going to happen, but this is Tre if T to the Izzo bolts for the bluegrass.
    ---------->

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    I think you're a joke. You give me crap for an opinion that will get a rise out of Michigan fans, however I've NEVER ONCE heard you give a Spartan, a future Spartan, or anything MSU props once. You're the most blind fan here. I wonder if the "much improved Petway" would have been looked at that way had he been in green? lol joker

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    LOL... ESPN notes that Tom Izzo is amongst a list of "candidates" for the vacant job. Are we going to need to re-establish the "DrTre11 Suicide Watch" again?

Good for Smith. And fuck those Kentucky fans who were calling for his ouster. Tubby got in the last laugh. Now he's getting 1.8 million somewhere where he'll be appreciated.
    Good God! This has to be the 20th suicide post. What the hell is wrong with you? And why are you so obsessed w/ me?

If we need a watch for anybody it would probably be a fan of a sports program on life support. Big game chokers w/ an out of date coach, another program with no coach whatsoever coming off 10 years of NIT, etc. Give me a break...DocTre is as happy and optimistic as ever.

Blog Entries
    Izzo going to Kentucky is a pipe dream by the Kentucky faithful.

That job ain't what it used to be, and even if Izzy was interested (which he is obviously not) I bet he would get on the phone with Tubby and find out all that he would need to know to turn them down.

The ONLY option for Izzo other than MSU is the NBA, IMO.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread