+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Sacred Institution of Marriage

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!

The Sacred Institution of Marriage

After reading about all of the Mormon polygamists getting arrested in Texas, I was pretty shocked. It was no surprise when James Dobson and the rest of the religious conservatives got all upset and made all kinds of pronouncements about how any marriage aside from one man and one woman is an abomination and threatens to destroy our country.

...wait, they didn't say anything at all? Focus On The Family issued exactly 0 press releases about Mormon plural marriage to underage girls, when they issue literally hundreds of press releases every year about other current events? They just let that one slip completely by them?

What was the problem? Would they have condemned a little louder if it had been marriage between one woman and several men? Would they have rained fire and brimstone if it had been a random array of several men and several women that had decided they could all be married in the eyes of God? What if the "husband" had been 13 years old, and the "wives" had been a bunch of dusty old cougars? If a two male Mormons united in holy matrimony before the eyes of God to live out their respective flower arranger / personal trainer dreams, would this have at least earned a "get thee behind me Satan"?

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Maybe just a 'don't comment on it so hopefully it will go away' aproach.

Talk about a story getting air time...this one was run non-stop. They all looked like zombies to me.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Agreed that it's a sad, sad situation.

The fact that the "moralists" weren't more outraged isn't surprising, though.

Thanks for pointing out the double standard in any case, Swam.
    Find a new slant.

This is a really good point. The Religious peeps are out there on every lil percieved perversion in America. Where are they now? Not when its one of their own, apparently.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread