+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ronzone is at it again (Tal Burstein)

Blog Entries

Ronzone is at it again (Tal Burstein)

I'm a big fan of Yoav Borowitz's work.

HAVA NAGILA!! ("Let us rejoice", apparently)

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/711793.html

Pistons want Burstein at NBA summer league

By Yoav Borowitz

NBA champion Detroit Pistons is planning to invite Maccabi Tel Aviv guard Tal Burstein to the summer league.

"I have known Tal for several years and I was very impressed by him at the European Championship in Serbia," Detroit's chief international scout, Tony Ronzone, said after Sunday's Euroleague Final Four championship game.

Ronzone also summoned Yaniv Green to Detroit's summer league two years ago, but said that Burstein's chances of landing a contract were much higher.

"The invitation to Green was more of a gesture of good will, but our interest in Burstein is much more serious," Ronzone said. "I really like his game. He is a versatile player and he makes the right decisions. I think he will be making the right move if he comes to show his talents in the summer league."

Ronzone believes Burstein, 26, can find his place in the NBA as a role player. "It's about time there was an Israeli in the league, and I would like to be the one to find him," Ronzone said after last summer's championship in Serbia.

Burstein has been with Maccabi for the past six years, but is reportedly the subject of interest among several European clubs, and is weighing the possibility of moving on when his contract expires at the end of the season.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tal_Burstein

Tal Burstein

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tal Burstein (born February 19, 1980 in Petah Tikva, Israel) is a professional basketball player. He currently plays for the Maccabi Tel-Aviv basketball club as a Point guard/Shooting guard. He is 198 cm tall.

[edit]
    Career
    Tal Burstein grew up with the Bnei-Herzliya junior team. In 1997-1998, he made his professional debut and was named rookie of the year. He became a team captain in 1999-2000.

Since 2000-2001, he plays for Maccabi Tel Aviv. While many basketball fans in Israel claim that Maccabi destroys domestic talent by giving young Israeli players too limited playing time and too limited roles, Burstein is the example of the opposite. He became a starter in his first season in Tel Aviv and was always considered an important piece of the team puzzle. With the club, Tal won five national championships, five national cups, and three European titles (2001 Suproleague, 2004 and 2005 Euroleague). In 2001-2002 season led Israeli league in three-point field goal percentage with 49.4%.

Being one of the most talented Israeli players of his age, Burstein played for all junior NT's and then for a National Team. In August 2000, he was captain and probably the best player of under-20 National Team, which won a silver medal at European Championship in Ohrid, Macedonia. In August 2001 was a member of under-22 National Team in the World Championship in Saitama, Japan (finished seventh). Played with Israeli NT at 2003 European Championship in Sweden (seventh place). He currently is a captain of the National Team.

With good size for a guard, good athleticism, good playmaking skill, good defense, and improved shooting, Tal is probably the most complete Israeli basketball player right now.

Euroleauge profile: http://www.euroleague.net/plantillas/jugador.jsp?id=AOY
    Find a new slant.

Re

198 ?? What is that 6'6"?

Can someone help a metric challenged blah out?

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    it feels good?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    198 ?? What is that 6'6"?

Can someone help a metric challenged blah out?

LOL

I figured it out earlier, too.

6'5"

http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm
    Find a new slant.

I shamelessly stole this from another forum.

Israel’s Best Kept Secret: Tal Burstein
    http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1085

Frequently overlooked given the quality and flashiness of his teammates in Maccabi Tel Aviv these last couple of years, Burstein has been the perfect fit rounding out a starting five which is already written in golden letters in European basketball because of its incredible playing level and achievements. They are Sarunas Jasikevicius, Anthony Parker, Nikola Vujcic, Maceo Baston and our focal point Tal Burstein.

What in Maccabi seems like a perfect complementary player, flying solo with his National Team has been revealed as one of the most complete wing players in all of Europe. Burstein does everything, and everything well. He’s a 6-7 athletic and well built player. He is skilled and fluid athlete who can dribble, slash, shoot, pass, rebound and defend at a great level, being an extremely fundamentally sound player.

Contrary to his usual role in Maccabi, with Israel he’s assuming the lead as the go-to guy. He’s virtually playing point guard in many situations, being the primary distributor of his team (3.7 assist per game, fifth in the Eurobasket), the offensive catalyst, assuming responsibilities and never hiding. As you can guess, he’s a very smart and ductile player who easily adapts his game to the situation he’s placed in, and that would likely include the NBA, for which he has good enough tools.

Burstein is looking better day by day, gaining confidence as the tournament advances, but he will now face an extremely demanding test: Greece and its awesome perimeter defense. This is perhaps an excellent chance to make his definitive leap into European stardom.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    It's blurry as hell, but here is a Maccabi highlight video (Maceo Baston is the star of the show, especially at the end).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSlVITAtX2g

EDIT: This one is pretty sweet too, set to a great Bonnie Tyler tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IeU9...=maccabi%20tal

Our boy is #10. Jaskesevichnshdjdk is #13. Maceo #5.
    Last edited by Glenn; 05-05-2006 at 03:10 PM.
    Find a new slant.

BOOOOOOOO FOREIGNERS!

We already have one crappy foreigner(Delfino).

+ Reply to Thread