+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The M in U of M means MCGUFFIE!

GO!

wait, isnt he going to be here in 08, after henne already graduated?

Yes, but the idea is that the system will start to open up this year under Henne, then continue with Mallett, who will be the one getting the ball to McGuffie in space. For now, Henne (and sometimes Mallett) will be getting the ball to Hart and Minor, hopefully Carlos Brown on occasion. I would hate for Carlos to be an "I told you so" bust.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    It's racism.
    True. One Rivals writer mentioned this in an article. Many people have a hard time making a white running back a 5 star. But maybe look for that to change. McGuffie was the MVP at the Colorado Nike camp and scouts were so impressed, they named him the #1 all-purpose back in the nation. I wish you guys could see it, there's this video on rivals and it shows him at the Colorado camp and it shows him doing drills. His agility, speed, and hands are absolutely mind-blowing.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

CB might be the #2 back this fall. Minor was less than impressive this spring from all reports.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    True. One Rivals writer mentioned this in an article. Many people have a hard time making a white running back a 5 star. But maybe look for that to change. McGuffie was the MVP at the Colorado Nike camp and scouts were so impressed, they named him the #1 all-purpose back in the nation. I wish you guys could see it, there's this video on rivals and it shows him at the Colorado camp and it shows him doing drills. His agility, speed, and hands are absolutely mind-blowing.

I love that smilie.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31

Post the video so we can see it and not have to pay the subscription costs.

Hart wowed by Sam McGuffie

Posted by Jim Carty August 01, 2007 11:54AM

CHICAGO - Count current University of Michigan tailback Mike Hart among the many blown away by Internet highlight videos of Texas tailback Sam McGuffie, who committed to the Wolverines earlier this week.

"On film, he's ridiculous, ridiculous," Hart said, laughing, at Wednesday's Big Ten Football Kickoff media sessions.

Prior to Hart's enrollment, a high school highlight of him breaking tackles and weaving between defenders en route to a touchdown at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse was widely distributed among Michigan fans, but the senior tailback said McGuffie's moves are even more impressive to him due to the competition the Texas back faces.

"I can't even compare him to me," said Hart, who hosted McGuffie on his visit to Michigan. "I thought I had a great high school highlight film, but I didn't play against any competition. Talk about him, 5A competition in Texas and he's doing the things he's doing? Hopefully it's not digital animated, because to do the things he's doing is amazing. He's going to be a great player here, a great player. I talk to him all the time. I want to try to see him succeed."

McGuffie, rated the No. 1 running back prospect in the country by Rivals.com, is expected to compete for Hart's job a year from now.

"That's all (Michigan running backs) coach (Fred) Jackson talks about," Hart said, laughing. "Coach Jackson would get rid of me to have him right now."
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

How is he the number 1, rivals has like 5 ahead of him.
    Destiny

+ Reply to Thread