+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The M in U of M means MCGUFFIE!

The M in U of M means MCGUFFIE!

So this has been almost a done deal forever, but it absolutely gets its own thread.

He said it had to be UM because that's been the team all along.

Thank goodness, now Mood can still be a Michigan fan!

The question now is whether or not he'll be a January enrollment. He's able to academically.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

http://www.click2houston.com/video/13778323/index.html
    Video of McGuffie's announcement.

From Rivals-The nation's No. 1 all-purpose back, Sam McGuffie of Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair, announced his commitment just moments ago on KPRC's Sports Sunday. McGuffie had five hats on the podium, which included Florida, USC, Texas A&M, Michigan and Notre Dame.

After tapping each hat, he donned the Michigan Wolverines' cap, and his pledge was sealed.

"The Michigan coaches are telling me that I can come in as a freshman and do some damage," he said.

"What do you say to that? It's very appealing."

McGuffie rushed for more than 3,000 yards and 44 touchdowns as a junior, and became a Greater Houston legend after one famous highlight that has accumulated over 1 million hits over the Internet.

"I'm not trying to make anyone else happy," he said. "It's my decision and my future. I know some other schools will be disappointed, but it's my life."

Klein, Texas, offensive lineman J.B. Shugarts, who is close friends with McGuffie, was also on hand for the commitment. Shugarts, Ohio State commitment, will be battling against McGuffie in the Big Ten, but he was there supporting his friend on Sunday night.

Michigan is getting a fine player. The four-star prospect is one of the nation's top 250 players and his coach, Ed Pustejovsky, thinks the sky is the limit for him.

"I think you have to start with his work ethic," his coach said. "He works pretty hard on everything he does whether it be in the weight room or the practice field. Then, making his cuts and getting to top speed so quickly is probably what separates Sam from other running backs."

From Moodini-Yeeeeeeah boooooyeee!

I haven't been able to add that to a recruiting thread in a while! This is as hyped as I've been probably since the Mallett commitment. Michigan just got the #1 all-purpose back in the nation! Waaaay too good to be true! I remember watching the legendary McGuffie YouTube video after hearing that Michigan was targeting him about 6 months ago and I was thinking there's no way a cat like that is going to Michigan, too quick, too fast, too electric, he's gotta be USC bound. So glad that I was wrong. This recruiting class could be Michigan's best since '98 (following the NC) and I can't wait to see Mallett and McGuffie in the backfield for years to come! Sick!

The legendary Mixtape, watch it again and you won't be able to "Breathe".

An up close and personal look at "the hurdle".

GET READY TO PUT THE #2 MICHIGAN JERSEY ON TRE! (and feel it!)
    Last edited by Moodini31; 07-30-2007 at 12:46 AM.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I just found these rankings on rivals. Pretty sweet.

RB's
    Home Run Threat

1. Darrell Scott, 6-0, 204, Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure
    2. Sam McGuffie, 6-0, 188, Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair
    3. De'Anthony Curtis, 5-10, 209, Camden (Ark.) Fairview
    4. Jermie Calhoun, 6-0, 210, Van (Texas)
    5. Andre Ellington, 5-10, 170, Moncks Corner (S.C.) Berkeley

Jeremy Crabtree's take: To me, there is not a more complete back that can hurt you on every single play like Darrell Scott. Just when you think you have him bottled up – bam – he's gone. I also think McGuffie definitely is a threat to score on every play. Curtis is another one that can kill you in the blink of an eye. A very good group here.

Best in Space

1. Sam McGuffie, 6-0, 188, Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair
    2. Milton Knox, 5-8, 192, Lake Balboa (Calif.) Birmingham
    3. Dontavius Jackson, 5-11, 195, Franklin (Ga.) Heard County
    4. Ryan Williams, 5-10, 192, Manassas (Va.) Stonewall Jackson
    5. Jeremy Hills, 5-10, 181, Alief (Texas) Elsik

Crabtree's take: The video of McGuffie breaking people down in the open field is almost legendary, and he's without question the best in this group in my opinion. Milton Knox out in LA is also very good at this, and that's something he thrives on. Get him one-on-one and you'll often lose.

Farrell's take: Compared to last year's ankle breakers, this year's group is better in traffic overall but McGuffie can sure make some defenders look foolish.

They have other positions and categories too, check 'em out.

http://michigan.rivals.com/content.a...883&CID=692063

To be fair, even though this is Sam's thread, Jonas got love as 3rd best inside runner and 2nd best downhill runner.

Now that Sam is official, I expect many people that were humoring UM to officially drop them from their list. Guys like Scott and Debosky for sure. Gray, probably, though he might leave them on the list a little longer just because they're in-state. Meanwhile, I doubt many people think UM has a legit shot to get Gray.

That kid is going to be a holy terror. He is actually going to be the back many of you think Hart is.

DAMN. The cut back moves are amazing, and he goes 0-60 very fast.

I just hope that Michigan finally opens up the offense a little more. Maybe a combination of him and Carr retiring soon will facilitate that.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Feeling this commit more and more every day. Reports are going up that he's been on the phone with Fred Smith and now Christian Wilson. I'll pay your cell bill Sam, just keep making phone calls!

Here are some other phone numbers you might want to check out: Will Hill, Shayne Hale, JB Fitzgerald, Jonathon Baldwin, Deion Walker, Brandon Smith, John Major, Trevor Robinson, Josh Jenkins, Kavario Middleton, and Spencer Adams.

If you get bored and it's not a violation, go ahead and call Shugarts, Steven Filer, Garrett Goebel, Robert Blanton, Tyler Hoover and Ethan Johnson and get them to change their mind.

After that, help convince the current staff to focus on more instate kids and start calling Gray (you know you would look good together in a twin formation), Perry, Demens and Pannell.

This commitment is so huge in many facets. Maybe U-M will be able to get more speedy "skill player" commits after McGuffie committing and seeing what McGuffie can do for the Maize and Blue. Also, word has it (I know we've heard this before) that Michigan is planning to open the offense up more and Henne is working out of the shotgun more frequently. Let's hope that is a trend and Mallett is able to work out of the gun and get the ball to McGuffie in space. It's going to be scaaaaary!

Also, McGuffie's commitment can only improve the momentum of an already strong class. Glad to hear he's been on the phone already, Mallett style.

Feeeeel it!

If this guy is this good why is he only a 4 star prospect? Is it his size, his vision, his catching ability?
    Destiny

It's racism.

+ Reply to Thread