+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Harbaugh have an axe to grind?

This is just a little taste of what was said about Hart at the Big 10 Media Day.

Hart owning it up.

Hart -- said he evidently wanted to be a U-M coach but wasn't picked and now he's sour grapes ... but his elite Stanford team isn't too upper crust to take a U-M transfer (Forcier).
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    3. I looked at the msu football media guide and the most common majors are kinesiology and sociology. stanton is such a good student that he wants to go on for a masters of kinesiology. (Maybe he wants to understand why he is always injured?) Do you really believe kinesiology at msu is more difficult than sports management at michigan?
    Thanks for the 8 paragraphs. Once again, I could really care less about this subject. But, your kinesiology comment just begged for a reply. Do you know anything about kinesiology? Obviously not. Do you know how much is involved in this subject area? Do you have any clue how difficult the anatomy classes in this field are alone? I know people that have went into this field and you obviously have no clue comparing it to sports management. You might want to do a little research on a subject if you have no clue about it, because for those that know, you just came off like a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    This thread was bullshit from the start.
    Of course, it was started by a Sparty Cunt with nothing better to do than bring up the old Sparty Cheer of "All Michigan Fans Think They're Better Than The Rest of Us" (Use your best whiney voice while reading that).
    bukdow cannot possibly be that fucking stupid. Oh wait, he's demonstrated that he IS that fucking stupid. So I'll explain. Every college football fan thinks his team is better than everybody else, on the surface. Underneath, we ALL fucking know good ol' State U is about winning football games.
    Why these Sparty Cunts insist on carrying their inferiority complexes around from forum to forum to ask the same dumbass lame questions at every stop on the intranet is beyond me, and why they get so much play is beyond me.
    Get over yourselves, beeyotches, as xanadu says, you are embarrassing even for a Sparty.
    You are a fan, loser. You never attended the university, if any. Zippy, let me assure of one thing, you and the rest of your UM bootlicks have nothing, and I mean nothing, on anyone who is an alumni of a university. You are a slack-jawed half-wit trying to attach himself to something that is viewed favorably so you can perhaps gain vicariously. Don`t fool yourself, you are very transparent and a joke to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    I'm glad the link is there now, because you obviously overlooked some other important percentages there. Hopefully everyone can go and see the whole story, based on numbers that are 3 1/2 years old. You'll see that at the time, while the football numbers looked less than outstanding, the school as a whole graduated a higher percentage of student athletes than any other school on the list.
    By the way, I really love how this always gravitates toward race.
    Are we to believe there are more black kids who don't know how to study than there are white kids who don't know how to study? It's interesting that more often than not, people that just so happen to be black are in a round about way calling black people dumb and blaming white people. Last I checked, every student that came through my class had the exact same opportunity in there. Racism is a funny thing, since it's implied the majority race is the one that's most racist, when I generally see it being more prominant amongst minorities. Different debate, different thread, sorry to bring it up. All I know is I don't give a crap whether a kid is white, black, tan, male, female, pretty, ugly as sin, tall, short, skinny, chubby, etc. I differentiate my teaching to give opportunities to everyone in the room and I care about every single one finding success. (excuse my rant if it put you to sleep)
    Everyone except black football players. Come on in, kid. Don`t forget, you are lucky to be here and when we have no more use for you, you are on your own. Don`t call us, we`ll call you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Thanks for the 8 paragraphs. Once again, I could really care less about this subject. But, your kinesiology comment just begged for a reply. Do you know anything about kinesiology? Obviously not. Do you know how much is involved in this subject area? Do you have any clue how difficult the anatomy classes in this field are alone? I know people that have went into this field and you obviously have no clue comparing it to sports management. You might want to do a little research on a subject if you have no clue about it, because for those that know, you just came off like a dumbass.
    Many schools use kinesiology as a large umbrella. As I mentioned, sports broadcasting fell under that umbrella at UM a decade ago. Not sure that it still does, but it did then. If you go the sports medicine route with it, it can be very difficult and intense. However, that's not necessarily true of everyone under that umbrella.

Also, those comments aren't directed at MSU but all schools who meet that description. Personally, I have no idea if it's the same at MSU as it was at UM. However, I don't want people to assume that just because some guys can't even spell their major that all of a sudden it's extremely academically challenging.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Everyone except black football players. Come on in, kid. Don`t forget, you are lucky to be here and when we have no more use for you, you are on your own. Don`t call us, we`ll call you.
    Still ignoring the work they have done with the Ross Academic Center for student-athletes that is far more recent that your study. I'll have to call to make sure, but I'm guessing they encourage all the student athletes to take advantage of that resource and I've seen pictures of black students inside the building, so apparently they're allowed in there. Shocking that they would do that, don'tcha think?

Still ignoring the work they have done with the Ross Academic Center for student-athletes that is far more recent that your study. I'll have to call to make sure, but I'm guessing they encourage all the student athletes to take advantage of that resource and I've seen pictures of black students inside the building, so apparently they're allowed in there. Shocking that they would do that, don'tcha think?
    MSU has had the Clara Bell Smith center for about 10 years now. Glad to see UM is finally catching up. Back to my original point, UM (specifically the football program) tries to act like they occupy rarified academic air with the likes of Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, etc. This is completely false.

I agree with your last two lines. If that's all this is about, and I think it is, we have no problem.

Half the other stuff, however, is way off. They are not in the rarified air and should be criticized for claiming otherwise. They are, however, well above average. Would you agree?

I agree with your last two lines. If that's all this is about, and I think it is, we have no problem.

Half the other stuff, however, is way off. They are not in the rarified air and should be criticized for claiming otherwise. They are, however, well above average. Would you agree?
    No, they are not above average. Florida State has a higher graduation rate for black football players than UM. So does Miami FL. So does many other programs. I would say UM`s graduation rate for black football players (36% as of 2004) is average at best. I realize that is from 2004, but I see no reason why there would be a huge increase.

That study was based on the percentage of black football players in the 4 freshman classes had done. So it's based one what, HS graduating classes from 97-00? 96-99 if it considered redshirts and allowed a for 5th year for graduation, which most schools are saying is the new average.

So you can't see any reason why there could possibly be an increase? Let's say the average recruiting class is about 22-23 players. What percentage do you want to say are black? 7 of Michigans current 13 commits are black, so we'll say just over half. So 12 kids per year for 4 years. These numbers are based on fewer than 50 UM students. You really want to use that as the sole backbone of your argument? Statisticians would shred that.

+ Reply to Thread