+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Harbaugh have an axe to grind?

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    First of all, it's two CENTS, not two sense.
    Thanks for the correction. It's called a typo and if you want to go into edit mode you can run rampant all over mbs everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JickBoy34
    this thread is so far out there now...wow
    agreed, i can't even read this anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    agreed, i can't even read this anymore
    Here's the cliff's notes version:

1. UM is third in the big 10 in graduation rates
    2. state is dead last and 25% worse.
    3. it's time for you and budkow to stop crying about it.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    Here's the cliff's notes version:

1. UM is third in the big 10 in graduation rates
    2. state is dead last and 25% worse.
    3. it's time for you and budkow to stop crying about it.
    Well with your very own Jimmy H's comments it is no wonder. I'd graduate all kinds of players if I floated them in and out of sports information joke classes. So fuck off with your high and mighty bs. Your own former players are calling out your university. I don't hear any former Spartans calling out State. Graduation rates would back what is being said, Michigan breezes them through. Lack of graduating players would prove a University isn't floating them through dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Well with your very own Jimmy H's comments it is no wonder. I'd graduate all kinds of players if I floated them in and out of sports information joke classes. So fuck off with your high and mighty bs. Your own former players are calling out your university. I don't hear any former Spartans calling out State. Graduation rates would back what is being said, Michigan breezes them through. Lack of graduating players would prove a University isn't floating them through dumbass.

1. I think it is hillarious that you criticize me for riding the high horse, when this entire thread has been a slam at michigan and included a claim that michigan football is the moral equivalent to slavery (a claim you never questioned)

2. I think it is funny that supposed low graduate rates at michigan show that UM doesn't care about it athletes, but embarassingly low (worst in big 10) graduation rates at msu means they really care about academics and won't float through football players. You guys need to choose a position and stick to it.

3. I looked at the msu football media guide and the most common majors are kinesiology and sociology. stanton is such a good student that he wants to go on for a masters of kinesiology. (Maybe he wants to understand why he is always injured?) Do you really believe kinesiology at msu is more difficult than sports management at michigan?

4. Do you really think msu's juco all-stars are held to high academic standards?

5. With the exception of top shelf tech schools like MIT and Cal tech, all schools have a range of difficulty by major. Ivy league schools have departments for the children of wealthy donors. Big 10 schools have depts. for athletes. As I wrote in my more nuanced post, you're not going to pull an average student from Detroit's public schools and put them through an UM engineering program in 4 years, especially while they spend half their time playing football. Honestly, I'd take a sports management degree over a kinesiology degree from msu. (of course, more than half of msu football players can't even pull a kinesiology degree.)

6. You calling me a dumbass is about as damaging to my self esteem as Paris Hilton calling me a dumbass, actually I would probably feel worse if I heard it from Paris.

7. I agree that robinson should have been booted off the team, but amaker was a douche. Speaking of sexual assault, how is that guy who raped the 13 year old doing at msu? didn't um drop him from their recruiting? Does he still hang with smoker, rogers, and the crew?

edit 8. stop crying.. it is embarassing
    Last edited by xanadu; 08-01-2007 at 03:50 AM.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

Quote Originally Posted by JickBoy34
    this thread is so far out there now...wow
    This thread was bullshit from the start.
    Of course, it was started by a Sparty Cunt with nothing better to do than bring up the old Sparty Cheer of "All Michigan Fans Think They're Better Than The Rest of Us" (Use your best whiney voice while reading that).
    bukdow cannot possibly be that fucking stupid. Oh wait, he's demonstrated that he IS that fucking stupid. So I'll explain. Every college football fan thinks his team is better than everybody else, on the surface. Underneath, we ALL fucking know good ol' State U is about winning football games.
    Why these Sparty Cunts insist on carrying their inferiority complexes around from forum to forum to ask the same dumbass lame questions at every stop on the intranet is beyond me, and why they get so much play is beyond me.
    Get over yourselves, beeyotches, as xanadu says, you are embarrassing even for a Sparty.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

By the way, Kinesiology is often where you need to go if you want to become a sports broadcaster. I was looking inot it at UM back in the day, and that's the school they had me apply to. Incidentally, it's not easy to get in there if you aren't affiliated with the athletic department somehow. Take that for what it's worth. You could say they're joke classes and reserved for athletes, or you could say it's the school protecting their athletes from outside competition, all depending on which sping you want to put on the argument.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

You could also go into communications and major in "broadcasting".
    STEW BEEF!

Is it relevant to mention that last year UM spent $12 million to open a state-of-the-art 38,000 sq ft academic center specifically for their student athletes?
    Sure sounds like they're leaving their players in the cotton fields to die. Morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    You could also go into communications and major in "broadcasting".
    True, at most schools, and you would get a very general broadcasting education. However, if it's specifically sports broadcasting, UM would have you go through the kinesiology program. It's much more sports specific, and qualifies you for different careers in sports in the event that you don't get the broadcasting job. Meanwhile, the broadcasting degree prepares you for other careers in broadcasting in the event that you don't get one in sports. Guys that go through kinesiology are saying that if they don't get what they want, they would rather do something else in sports as opposed to running the board at an oldies station or doing weather.

+ Reply to Thread