+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Harbaugh have an axe to grind?

Harbuagh is known to like the sauce.

He is just a bitter man who couldnt find a better job than Stanford. He has talked smack about everyone in the PAC10 and he took some shots at UM.

This is old news for the most part. He just keeps rumbling and bumbling.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    UM tries to claim they have higher standards, but at the end of the day they are bringing in kids that couldn't come close to hanging in their classrooms with the other students and they are steering them toward joke classes just like every other University does. Every school does this, it's a joke.
    Agreed. The disingenuous aspect of the story is that UM claims to be different. UM claims to be something it is not. They want to be viewed in the same light as Stanford, Northwestern, etc. but it just isn`t true. Hell, look at Cal-Berkeley, they have higher academic credentials than UM and they don`t try to blow smoke up peoples ass regarding their athletic teams. UM is just a sham.
    Last edited by bukdow; 07-30-2007 at 01:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    Harbuagh is known to like the sauce.
    Really? Isn't he really preachy?

I guess that wouldn't be the first time those things were combined, but I didn't picture him as a drunk.
    Find a new slant.

Its not just Harbaugh.

"It's ridiculous. What a homer. I was at Michigan (as provost and dean of the school of dentistry). I know how they get in at Michigan. Don't talk to me about the Nobel laureates at Michigan."

J. Bernard Machen
    President
    University of Florida

So what about the kids UM doesn't recruit when they are scary talents but academic disasters? You know they're in at Floirda, Miami, and Florida State.

What about Trannon's cousin that was a UM hoops commit? (can't really remember his name, but I want to say Jaquan Hart) He verbally committed to UM but then failed to meet their admissions standards and was turned away.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

By the way, I have no interest in be3ing arrogant about standards. I actually wish they had lower standards. I would have loved it if UM was an option for Charles Rogers. I say give everyone a shot if they have talent and can spell their name. If they can't spell their name, take them downtown and have it legally changed to something they CAN spell. There isn't an asterisk next to every championship won by acadmeic institutions that have laughable standards, so why not join in?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Yeah Harbaugh has been caught drinking and driving. Even though he plead the case down.

Here is a link from an article.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...ws_1s2usd.html
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    So what about the kids UM doesn't recruit when they are scary talents but academic disasters? You know they're in at Floirda, Miami, and Florida State.

What about Trannon's cousin that was a UM hoops commit? (can't really remember his name, but I want to say Jaquan Hart) He verbally committed to UM but then failed to meet their admissions standards and was turned away.
    Hart was an academic train wreck. I don`t where he ended up if anywhere. As far as those who UM rejects ending up at UF, Miami, etc., I don`t know about that. The point is UM is just like everyother decent D-I program and nothing more. They are not Stanford, they are not Northwestern, they are not Duke. They are a football factory that brings kids in and handles them like cattle. Thats the reality. UM is not some academic stalwart when it comes to athletics. Sorry to burst your bubble, but its high time UM was viewed for what it is, a successful football program like all the other successful football programs, but nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Hart was an academic train wreck. I don`t where he ended up if anywhere. As far as those who UM rejects ending up at UF, Miami, etc., I don`t know about that. The point is UM is just like everyother decent D-I program and nothing more. They are not Stanford, they are not Northwestern, they are not Duke. They are a football factory that brings kids in and handles them like cattle. Thats the reality. UM is not some academic stalwart when it comes to athletics. Sorry to burst your bubble, but its high time UM was viewed for what it is, a successful football program like all the other successful football programs, but nothing special.
    what the fuck do you know about reallity?

all im seeing from you is some bozo who has very little idea of what he is talking about but is looking to smear UM's name.

personally, based on this thread, your the last guy i'd look to to learn about the reallity of college sports, especially re: michigan athletics.

no shit, bukdow, you are coming off like an arrogant, holier than though, pompous prick. I don't think anyone here has went off on a tangent stating that academic standards are really non-existent if the player is good enough. THIS HAPPENS AT 99 PERCENT OF THE SCHOOLS IN THE NCAA! Slandering UM over and over because you have a green and white boner makes you look childish, and makes me not want to read another one of your posts. Fucking ignorant.

+ Reply to Thread