+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Harbaugh have an axe to grind?

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    UM football graduates 38% of its black players. Far less than its white players.
    Oh, now bukdow is the Great Emancipator. How does the school you claim to have graduated from do with regard to its black players?
    And while your at it, give us the graduation rates for Sparty basketball. I;m just curious.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    It could be that we don't want to hear about Ed Martin because it happened over a DECADE ago.

bukdown, how has UM been shown to be a "sham"? And agian, when Sparty graduates football players at nearly the worst rate of the entire conference, maybe you should take your little crusade elsewhere; it's a "galss house throwing rocks" thing.
    I am amazed that Sparties can't understand that UM fans won't take the shit from them lying down. Fans of any school are going to defend their school. Look how Sparties jump up and down screaming like pussies every time something negative is posted about Sparty. Sparties, put this stuff up, and UM fans will defend, take your sorry asses to the woodshed every time. If you don't like it, then shut the fuck up.
    What you fail to understand is that UM always claimed to be an elite institution in regards to academics and athletics. MSU has never made that claim. Therefore, when it is shown that UM`s football program is nothing more than a factory that graduates 38% of its black players, its news. And, its a sham. So, either understand the context and stay on point, or shut the fuck up.

WOW! The Izzo has his players graduating at a 75% clip. Very good!
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2795525
    HOT DAMN! The Izzo is getting it done!

Don't go there Zipper

Oh, now bukdow is the Great Emancipator. How does the school you claim to have graduated from do with regard to its black players?
    And while your at it, give us the graduation rates for Sparty basketball. I;m just curious.
    Sorry to get in the middle of this one but I had this at the ready for another Izzo doubter.

2000 NCAA Championship • Four Final Fours: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005 (most in nation) • Four Big Ten regular-season championships: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 • Two Big Ten Tournament titles: 1999, 2000 • 10 straight NCAA Tournament appearances (fifth-longest in the nation) • 10 players drafted since 2000 (third-best in the nation) • 82.9% GRADUATION RATE (for players who finished four years of school) • 145 straight home sellouts • Six assistant coaches who got head coaching jobs • Eight McDonald's All-Americans have played for MSU in the past eight seasons • MSU has played 34 of the 36 other Final Four teams since 1998

I think they are 2nd to Nortwestern.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    What you fail to understand is that UM always claimed to be an elite institution in regards to academics and athletics. MSU has never made that claim. Therefore, when it is shown that UM`s football program is nothing more than a factory that graduates 38% of its black players, its news. And, its a sham. So, either understand the context and stay on point, or shut the fuck up.
    UM makes that claim? I've never heard them say it. Back it up with some quotes and refernces, bukdow. Also, if UM makes the claim, how can you refute it, based on what black football players do? Maybe overall the student athlete at UM is well educated, but black football players lag behind in graduation rates. If that's the case, maybe black football players need to get their shit together.

Those stats I posted.....

are older than yours I think. Yours are from 3/2007. 75% works though. Higher than the student populous.

Beat you to it, Hip. I knew The Izzo was doing pretty well, actually. As you know, Hip, on the "other board"(the one bukdow learned to lie about getting an MSU degree from on), I have been at the forefront of this, talking about Lloyd's horrendous classroom achivements for over three years. I have even brought up the disparity between blacks and whites. It has been part of my campaign to get Lloyd shit canned. My argument has been that if he can;t win, maybe he graduates players, and uses smart players, like Stanford. BUT NO! He loses, and fails his athletes in the classroom!
    Double loser, that Lloyd. Guess ya gotta be good at something.

Quote Originally Posted by HipDigIt
    Sorry to get in the middle of this one but I had this at the ready for another Izzo doubter.

2000 NCAA Championship • Four Final Fours: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005 (most in nation) • Four Big Ten regular-season championships: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 • Two Big Ten Tournament titles: 1999, 2000 • 10 straight NCAA Tournament appearances (fifth-longest in the nation) • 10 players drafted since 2000 (third-best in the nation) • 82.9% GRADUATION RATE (for players who finished four years of school) • 145 straight home sellouts • Six assistant coaches who got head coaching jobs • Eight McDonald's All-Americans have played for MSU in the past eight seasons • MSU has played 34 of the 36 other Final Four teams since 1998

I think they are 2nd to Nortwestern.
    I didn't know MSU was second to Northwestern in Final Fours.

UM makes that claim? I've never heard them say it. Back it up with some quotes and refernces, bukdow. Also, if UM makes the claim, how can you refute it, based on what black football players do? Maybe overall the student athlete at UM is well educated, but black football players lag behind in graduation rates. If that's the case, maybe black football players need to get their shit together.
    From the article written by the husband of UM`s associate athletic director:

"Well, its been a tumultuous two weeks for the folks at Michigan, I'm sure, having to defend itself against comments made by a once-proud alum who decided to take a cheap shot (twice) at the nation's finest institution for blending sports and academics at a high level. This wasn't Fresno State he was chipping at, but Michigan."

Zippy, if you are going to be a blow hard, at least try to not be a stupid blow hard.

The Final Word:

Michigan has a 50% grad rate for black football players, and a 91% grad rate for white players
    Nebraska is THE place if you are black and WANT to graduate: 80% grad rate, so maybe Jonas Gray is onto something; they graduate 91% of their honkies.
    Overall, UM is at 71%, MSU is at 45%.(Football. Nice gay ass mascot, though, Sparties)

Sparty Basketball is lights out: 91% grad rate (this site did not list UM)
    UM baseball beats out Sparty baseball, 94% to 89%
    OVERALL, UM graduates 87% of its athletes (MSU not listed)

OVERALL: UM graduates 64% of its black athletes, and 91% of the crackers.

There you have it, bukdow: UM rates pretty high in every category not related to black football players.
    I'd say that overall, UM can and should make the claim to be an elite student athlete university. Can there be improvements? Yes, and I'm sure there will be.
    But first, you must join me in doing what we can to get Lloyd Carr fired.
    Say it with me, bukdwo: The Leaders and BEST!!

SOURCE:http://stanford.scout.com/2/618619.html
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 08-14-2007 at 10:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread