+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Harbaugh have an axe to grind?

Seriously, if you haven`t read this, please do. There are some real delusional, blue and yellow humdingers in there. And mind you, this all comes from the husband of UM`s associate athletic director.

Man, I am starting to believe UM is like the Freemasons or something, nothing more than a brainwashed cult.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Seriously, if you haven`t read this, please do. There are some real delusional, blue and yellow humdingers in there. And mind you, this all comes from the husband of UM`s associate athletic director.

Man, I am starting to believe UM is like the Freemasons or something, nothing more than a brainwashed cult.
    Otherwise known as Typical Football Fans. You want some Kool Aid delusionals, venture out to places like Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Alabama as well.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

It is threads like these (rife with faux outrage) that give the msu fans their little brother image. Sure the guy made a bunch of dumb comments, but he also said:

Now, does every D-I school let in some marginal kids to play ball? Yes. EVERY SCHOOL does, with the exception of the academies, which really cannot compete (see ex-AFA coach Fisher DeBerry's public begging for the admission of more black athletes two years ago) year in, year out, at this level. Michigan graduated 22 of 25 football players last year, a rate you can stack up against any school in the country.
    the guy wrote a column in poor taste to defend his wife. why is this a condemnation of every michigan fan? should i judge all spartan fans based on what bukdow writes?
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    It is threads like these (rife with faux outrage) that give the msu fans their little brother image.
    It's moronic UM fans that try to place this little brother bullshit on MSU. Nobody says that but UM fans. It's an old lame elementary trash talk tactic. UM fans made it up. You don't hear MSU fans saying UM is the little brother in bball even though it could be totally warranted do you?

This has been statewide and national news to an extent. A former high profile alum blasting his own school and he's a head coach. You're giving the same response that UM fans give when the Martin days are brought up, you get all defensive because you don't want to hear about it. You don't want anyone talking about it because then maybe people will forget. Someone is posting bad news regarding UM....OH NO! HOW DARE YOU?!

Get over it. It is NCAA news and it's local NCAA news. Totally worthy of a thread. Sorry it makes you uncomfortable that somebody is posting something bad about almight Michigan.

It is threads like these (rife with faux outrage) that give the msu fans their little brother image. Sure the guy made a bunch of dumb comments, but he also said:

the guy wrote a column in poor taste to defend his wife. why is this a condemnation of every michigan fan? should i judge all spartan fans based on what bukdow writes?
    There is nothing "little brother" about it. Harbaugh, the president of the University of Florida, the Detroit Free Press, ESPN and Carty (MLive/Ann Arbor News) are reporting and/or commenting on the fact that UM is not what they hype themselves to be. Plain and simple.

Regarding what was written, it was just more UM bullshit and spin. Just like Ed Martin wasn`t affiliated with the university or basketball program.

I understand that the institution you have so attached yourself to and have attempted to live vicariously through has been shown to be a sham, again, and that is hard for you to swallow.

Has anyone heard Alonzo Spellman's reaction?
    Last edited by Hermy; 08-14-2007 at 09:16 PM.

Actually, the little brother stuff results from the non-stop complaining about u-m arrogancy, despite the fact that everyone on this board and, even the guy in the printed article has admitted that u-m football admits marginal students. so what are u-m fans being arrogant about? why are you two ranting again? big brother complex? I'm tired or hearing rants and raves by sparty fans (whose football program probably admits more marginal students than anyone in the big 10?) It is doubly pathetic, because I offered to discuss this in a reasoned way in the last thread, but tre and bukdow both copped out. Now a sensationalist story pops up and it is open season on um fans again. I thought tre didn't care about this. Yet here he is... 2nd post ripping on um, when he was too weak-minded to reply to my points in the last discussion... pathetic

Here's a stereotype for you: all spartan fans are so stupid that they compare the michigan football program to slavery in one breath and claim to have a history degree in the next. How is that for arrogance and stupidity?

Actually, the little brother stuff results from the non-stop complaining about u-m arrogancy, despite the fact that everyone on this board and, even the guy in the printed article has admitted that u-m football admits marginal students. so what are u-m fans being arrogant about? why are you two ranting again? big brother complex? I'm tired or hearing rants and raves by sparty fans (whose football program probably admits more marginal students than anyone in the big 10?) It is doubly pathetic, because I offered to discuss this in a reasoned way in the last thread, but tre and bukdow both copped out. Now a sensationalist story pops up and it is open season on um fans again. I thought tre didn't care about this. Yet here he is... 2nd post ripping on um, when he was too weak-minded to reply to my points in the last discussion... pathetic

Here's a stereotype for you: all spartan fans are so stupid that they compare the michigan football program to slavery in one breath and claim to have a history degree in the next. How is that for arrogance and stupidity?
    UM football graduates 38% of its black players. Far less than its white players.

It could be that we don't want to hear about Ed Martin because it happened over a DECADE ago.

bukdown, how has UM been shown to be a "sham"? And agian, when Sparty graduates football players at nearly the worst rate of the entire conference, maybe you should take your little crusade elsewhere; it's a "galss house throwing rocks" thing.
    I am amazed that Sparties can't understand that UM fans won't take the shit from them lying down. Fans of any school are going to defend their school. Look how Sparties jump up and down screaming like pussies every time something negative is posted about Sparty. Sparties, put this stuff up, and UM fans will defend, take your sorry asses to the woodshed every time. If you don't like it, then shut the fuck up.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    UM football graduates 38% of its black players. Far less than its white players.
    My thoughts are in the old thread. As others have said, michigan has been the affirmative action school. what has state done?

+ Reply to Thread