+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Harbaugh have an axe to grind?

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Now wait a minute! I think I followed the new rule, and complimented him on the article pasting, then talked shit related to THIS thread. I did not bring up his trolling, just that he uses this forum as nothing more than a vehicle to trash UM (which, btw, is deserved in this case; what an academic disgrace). After he chose to remind me of his imaginary degrees, I responded. I think I'm fully within the new rules.
    And when bukdow goes from troll to worthy reading, brings new material (I've been reading his shit for five years on the News forum), then I'll back off. You don't need to defend him just because he's an Angry Sparty.
    I understand you are a little man and my multiple degrees intimidates you and drives the point home you are nothing more than an addled blowhard. Biochemistry in 2000 and history in 2005. I am quite proud of those accomplishments.

Back to the topic, this article, along with Harbaugh`s testimony, as well as the president of University of Florida`s comment (who was dean of UM`s School of Dentistry), are beginning to shed light on the realities of Michigan. Unfortunately, it is one of the realities that many of those who attempt to live vicariously through UM sports hold most dear.

Zippy, I am sorry reality causes you so much consternation.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    I understand you are a little man and my multiple degrees intimidates you and drives the point home you are nothing more than an addled blowhard. Biochemistry in 2000 and history in 2005. I am quite proud of those accomplishments.

Back to the topic, this article, along with Harbaugh`s testimony, as well as the president of University of Florida`s comment (who was dean of UM`s School of Dentistry), are beginning to shed light on the realities of Michigan. Unfortunately, it is one of the realities that many of those who attempt to live vicariously through UM sports hold most dear.

Zippy, I am sorry reality causes you so much consternation.
    It's decent proof, but because two people said something doesn't make it reality on an overwhelming scale.
    There probably isn't a rational UM fan in the world who doubts the veracity of Harbaugh's claims. I'm comfortable with what he said, I'd like to see that change. But we all know it won't. Like Jethro said, UM has been, for a long time, THE Affirmative Action university, so the policy of opening doors to more people crosses the boundary of sports. I think that overall, it's a good thing, and I think that every major college program thinks the same way UM does.
    Well done, bukdow, you've opened a thread that has ignited much conversation!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    It's decent proof, but because two people said something doesn't make it reality on an overwhelming scale.
    There probably isn't a rational UM fan in the world who doubts the veracity of Harbaugh's claims. I'm comfortable with what he said, I'd like to see that change. But we all know it won't. Like Jethro said, UM has been, for a long time, THE Affirmative Action university, so the policy of opening doors to more people crosses the boundary of sports. I think that overall, it's a good thing, and I think that every major college program thinks the same way UM does.
    Well done, bukdow, you've opened a thread that has ignited much conversation!
    I would like to congratulate you on a cogent response.

cogent means 'persuasive'. its not a synonym for 'coherent'. maybe you should go back to msu and get a 3rd degree in vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    cogent means 'persuasive'. its not a synonym for 'coherent'. maybe you should go back to msu and get a 3rd degree in vocabulary.
    Shut your fucking face.

co·gent [koh-juhnt]
    –adjective 1. convincing or believable by virtue of forcible, clear, or incisive presentation; telling.
    2. to the point; relevant; pertinent.

Just because you are a complete idiot, I have decided to also provide you with a list of synonyms, you intellectual panty-waist; convincing, well argued, logical, rational, coherent, sound.
    Last edited by bukdow; 08-11-2007 at 11:49 AM.

never mind... its really not even worth it.
    Last edited by b-diddy; 08-11-2007 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    i dont know what kind of backwater, intellectually lazy dictionary you got that from, but cogent is not a synonym for coherent.

http://www.answers.com/topic/cogency?cat=biz-fin

but whatever. theres nothing wrong with saying that you find zip's opinion cogent. i just found it amusing that you were trying to talk down to him by using a big word and you didnt even know what it ment.
    I got my information from an American Heritage dictionary. A very reputable source. Regardless, "cogent" was used correctly in my response to Zip. Your petulant attack was misplayed and you looked like an idiot. Just move on. You are wrong about this one.

By the way its "meant", not "ment". Fella, if I were you, I would just stick to the Hunter S. Thompson novels.

By the way its "meant", not "ment". Fella, if I were you, I would just stick to the Hunter S. Thompson novels.
    thats very cogent advice of you. plus more 3-clap words from you!!

Now Sharp at the Freep and Carty at the Ann Arbor News are writing and asking questions (and receiving no answers from UM officials) about UM`s academic requirements vis a vis it`s football program. It appears one of UM`s favorite charades may have come to an end.

I got my information from an American Heritage dictionary. A very reputable source. Regardless, "cogent" was used correctly in my response to Zip. Your petulant attack was misplayed and you looked like an idiot. Just move on. You are wrong about this one.

no, you did not use cogent correctly.

both cogent and coherent are derived from roman latin, cogens and cohaeréns, respectively. the first word means "to drive", while the second word means "continuous". these are not interchangeable.

i wouldnt usually be a dick like this but your being an asshole. one moment your trashing a school for being arrogant. then your trashing it for lack of educational integrity, and then your bragging about having 2 degrees. all the while your trying to impress people with your vocabulary and you dont even know what the words your using mean.

in short, you should stick to sports.

+ Reply to Thread