+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Harbaugh have an axe to grind?

That's a good read, and I'm guessing even better for you, bukdow, as it furthers your agenda to use this forum as a means to do nothing but bash Michigan.
    Bash away, though. Michigan is bigger than Harbaugh, Hart, Carr, and petty attempts by inferiority complexed wannabe's who pretend to be graduates of MSU to justify their existence as fans of arguably the worst program in NCAA football.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I'll admit that having such a small percentage of the team with declared majors is pretty ridiculous. That needs to be corrected and there should be someone on the staff taking care of that.

Funny, though, I read much of the article, skimmed the second half, but I never saw anything about race. I guess that argument is ridiculous enough that the mighty Pat Forde chose not to address it.

By the way, for the biggest BS line of the article:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Harbaugh
    "My motivation was positive," he said. "I see how it's done now at Stanford, and I see no reason to believe it can't be the same there. I have a great love for Michigan and what it's done for me. Bo Schembechler was like a second father. Michigan is a great school and always has been, and I don't see why they can't hold themselves to a higher standard.
    Yeah, right, and me saying I despise all things Ohio is a positive comment.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    That's a good read, and I'm guessing even better for you, bukdow, as it furthers your agenda to use this forum as a means to do nothing but bash Michigan.
    Bash away, though. Michigan is bigger than Harbaugh, Hart, Carr, and petty attempts by inferiority complexed wannabe's who pretend to be graduates of MSU to justify their existence as fans of arguably the worst program in NCAA football.
    I have two degrees from MSU, biochemistry and history. Don`t forget it. I posted the article because it seemed news worthy in the context of the discussion and it appears there are more people than just me interested in advancing truth over a charade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    I'll admit that having such a small percentage of the team with declared majors is pretty ridiculous. That needs to be corrected and there should be someone on the staff taking care of that.

Funny, though, I read much of the article, skimmed the second half, but I never saw anything about race. I guess that argument is ridiculous enough that the mighty Pat Forde chose not to address it.

By the way, for the biggest BS line of the article:

Yeah, right, and me saying I despise all things Ohio is a positive comment.
    "Michigan athletes fare well by most academic yardsticks, at least in comparison to their peers. The football team has the third-highest academic progress rate in the Big Ten and ranks above the national average. The graduation rate ranks third in the Big Ten, as well -- although it dips to 38 percent (seventh in the 11-team league) for African-American players."

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    I have two degrees from MSU, biochemistry and history. Don`t forget it. I posted the article because it seemed news worthy in the context of the discussion and it appears there are more people than just me interested in advancing truth over a charade.
    My dick has as many degrees from MSU as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    My dick has as many degrees from MSU as you do.
    Zip, you seem to not understand the whole, let's try to make each thread about the topic thing. 1 day into it and you're back bashing bukdow. Maybe you don't like his opinion, but he's at least coming with material ON TOPIC. We've heard your "Bukdow is from this forum or that forum" 8,000 times. Who cares. Post your opinion about the topic, nobody cares how you feel about Bukdow.

Now wait a minute! I think I followed the new rule, and complimented him on the article pasting, then talked shit related to THIS thread. I did not bring up his trolling, just that he uses this forum as nothing more than a vehicle to trash UM (which, btw, is deserved in this case; what an academic disgrace). After he chose to remind me of his imaginary degrees, I responded. I think I'm fully within the new rules.
    And when bukdow goes from troll to worthy reading, brings new material (I've been reading his shit for five years on the News forum), then I'll back off. You don't need to defend him just because he's an Angry Sparty.

I think this is an interesting debate, so I am glad that harbaugh has raised the question. The general question is what is in the best interest of disadvantaged kids that play football. Most really are not prepared to succeed in a standard college curriculum (especially while dedicating 40 hours per week to football). I'm just not convinced it is better to exclude borderline kids. If you stop admitting them, do kids work harder academically to qualify prior to college or do those kids just give up on college? In theory, universities should be able to kids a step up in life, even if they don't graduate with one of the more rigorous degrees. Hopefully, michigan will develop better procedures for African Americans.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

Academic standards are great, and it seems apparent that UM has been living a lie for quite some time in regards to those standards, but what if UM went back to the standards they had in the 70's? Would they seem elitest, or as this thread has gone, possibly even racist? UM is the Affirmative Action University. Just ask the Supreme Court. So if their standards needed to be lowered in order to give opportunities to others, I'm fine with that.

To prove I'm not just blindly defending my school, keep in mind that I pointed out in the previous post that they seriously need to improve on their control of academics and get these kids into viable majors and declared.

However, I don't think you're proving anything at Stanford by only accepting the Collins twins of the world, while the rest of your campus is white.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Academic standards are great, and it seems apparent that UM has been living a lie for quite some time in regards to those standards, but what if UM went back to the standards they had in the 70's? Would they seem elitest, or as this thread has gone, possibly even racist? UM is the Affirmative Action University. Just ask the Supreme Court. So if their standards needed to be lowered in order to give opportunities to others, I'm fine with that.

To prove I'm not just blindly defending my school, keep in mind that I pointed out in the previous post that they seriously need to improve on their control of academics and get these kids into viable majors and declared.

However, I don't think you're proving anything at Stanford by only accepting the Collins twins of the world, while the rest of your campus is white.
    Co sign me to Jethro's post. UM was singled out by the Bushies; they went after UM's admissions policies seemingly just after Bush was sworn in.

This is a great debate. I don't buy the "everybody does it angle", nor do I buy the "Why single out UM" angle IF and ONLY IF people at UM have this mysterious arrogance that people like bukdow are always talking about. I think most of this perceived arrogance is on the part of fans. Fans who think UM is somehwo more than a football factory with better "standards". Well, take a number, because fans of EVERY team in college football think that way. Go ahead and tell me that MSU's athletes are all canididates for a scholarship at Oxford.
    I like that UM gives people a chance, even if it is because they run a 4.4 forty. When they get there though, I'd like it a little more if they were making sure these guys took their education seriously, because 99.9% of them will never play football again once they leave the campus.
    Also, before you go ragging on General Studies, let's see the curriculum. Does it differ a whole lot from a degree in Liberal Arts?
    Harbaugh is flat out full of shit. He made his comments in a negative light, was interested in creating a story about himself, and he needs to man up and take the criticism, because if he's so goddamm smart he had to know people at UM wouldn't take it lying down. Why is HE surprised at the reaction his comments ignited? Makes him look like a pussy. If you can;t stand the heat, keep your yap shut. If you're dissapointed at not getting a job at UM, work harder and maybe you will, especially when Lloyd and the Great Scott Loeffler move on.
    If UM has been "living a lie", tell me who's been lying. Show me the quotes or the proof of the attitude you haters yap about constantly, because if it's just fans, shut the fuck up. We are ALL alike, whether you're a fan of UM, MSU, or Alabama State.

+ Reply to Thread