+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade Idea: GS and Detroit

Trade Idea: GS and Detroit

With Patrick O'Bryant playing like absolute shit in the Summer league, a shotblocker is needed for GS!

Detroit trades:
    Murray
    One of Toronto's 2nd rounders

Golden State trades:
    Patrick O'Bryant

Detroit trades:
    Nazr

GS Trades:
    Barnes

Barnes for 3 years 13 million or something... and we'd avoid the tax!
    Okay, so O'Bryant may not be starting material, but I say we can dump Nazr and take the gamble on someone who will get PT under Saunders. A 7'0 21 year old always has potential on another team.

Flip for Barnes makes sense as the Warriors could use a cheap backup 1 who can drive and score.

Sheed/O'Bryant/Amir
    Max/Dice/Amir
    Tay/Barnes/Amir
    Rip/Afflalo
    Billups/Stuckey

Maybe if it all turns well, we can have O'Bryant turn into a starter!
    Last edited by Cross; 07-16-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Can't S&T Barnes plus a player, only Barnes.

O' Bryant is a huge bust. GS needs big men badly, even though they drafted Wright and still have Biedrins, that tells you how bad Obryant is.
    Destiny

He's only 21 and the most minutes he's ever played was 16 against the Jazz as a rookie in the beginning of the season. He was drafted so high because of upside, not because he played well in college.

So what did he do in summer league? Well he sucked balls, but he proved that he could run the court well and rebound. His playing time was limited because he had so many fouls, but that is probably because he tried to get one too many blocks, just like Greg Oden. Well Patrick did average 2.6 blocks and 5.8 rebounds.

The kid never had a chance to prove himself, even in summer league. he didn't get alot of touches because Marco was too busy shooting the lights out. I say we give him a chance and trade Nazr, who wasn't going to play anyways

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    Can't S&T Barnes plus a player, only Barnes.
    Yeah, but you can make the S+T for Barnes conditional upon another "separate" trade and that's ok. That's why it's proposed as two separate trades, I reckon.

I'd be fine with this. We aren't going to do much with Nazr anyway, probably. Might as well turn him into a possible asset with potential.

+ Reply to Thread